Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blocking or covering the air vent output?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heh, it would be available now...but of course, the whole Tindie site is now temporarily down. I assume they'll have it back up again, shortly.
Thanks for your follow-up. (FYI: Fairfax County expatriate here -- (Go Hoo's!) Now in Socal.
I know you are trying but Tindie (not so much): Got this:
This didn't go as planned...
Something went wrong here! Hang tight and try again in a moment. Perhaps try going back to the Tindie Homepage and starting over

Will your design fit the Model Y?

If not, would you design and fabricate some, please?
It should, as I think the Y and 3 use the same dashboard and vent system. I'll know for sure when my Y shows up (hopefully in June), but you can always order one and test it out on your Y. If it doesn't work, I can either print a new one with adjustments suggested by you, or you can send it back for a full refund, no problem.

Reactions: Big Earl
It should, as I think the Y and 3 use the same dashboard and vent system. I'll know for sure when my Y shows up (hopefully in June), but you can always order one and test it out on your Y. If it doesn't work, I can either print a new one with adjustments suggested by you, or you can send it back for a full refund, no problem.

Thanks. Consider this an order for a pair. My MY is still who-knows-where. My hope is also for a June delivery.

Here is an easy mod you can make if the vent cover is sliding around on those fast corner turns. :) I added Velcro to the right side tab to hold it in place when the vent is closed. And small strip of Velcro to the left side to help hold it when it’s behind the display. Also my black filament finally showed up and I’m print black vent covers right now. Hope to have them available tomorrow. Printing 4 at a time. Sadly it takes about 30+ hours to print since the pieces are so long and I print them on edge.

BC65B35D-B11C-48E2-95EA-E377A4096A9E.jpeg

EB5AC801-F3EE-41FB-92E3-76BB347C3F4F.jpeg

589F6D25-2E10-44CF-B4C8-C68EC17770A1.jpeg

EE511298-48E0-4BDB-AC8F-19C4A6B0E8B7.jpeg