Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blocking or covering the air vent output?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is great and I may try to get it made. My wife and I have the same issue. She always wants to adjust the air away, but then I get twice as much (this is in every car) as it has no where else to go.

Thanks for the work in doing this!

My G/F is always complaining about something too. Think she just does it to get attention.

She is always too warm or too cold. Could easily fix it by putting on a jacket, but seems to like complaining more.

Have noticed that once I fix one complaint She switches over to another complaint...seems like She can always find something to complain about.

I saw one (with a three week lead time) for $39. Question: I have never used a fabrication on line source. Do the three files provided give all the info needed to get back a functioning vent slider?
About the only thing that may not be obvious to the fabricator is the scale of the object(s). In my experience researching 3D printing services, you may need to specify the measurement scale to the vendor (inches vs. millimeters).

• Informative
Reactions: drs1901
Since several folks have asked about purchasing this, I plan on making them for sale (without the vinyl wrap) for a modest price of $15-$20. I'm updating the model so the middle section will be printed in one piece on my large format printer. I'll post an Ebay or etsy link once I have them available, hopefully by this weekend. The 3D files will continue to be freely available for anyone that wants to print it themselves.

I saw one (with a three week lead time) for $39. Question: I have never used a fabrication on line source. Do the three files provided give all the info needed to get back a functioning vent slider?

It now comes with more files than you need (so don't sent them all to print). A printing service should be able to handle:
model3_vent_cover_long_middle_v2
model3_vent_cover_long_end_cap_v2 (x2)

You will also need screws and vinyl to cover it.

For others wondering the long middle is 370mm. I do wonder how it would work at 300mm (my bet limit.)

It now comes with more files than you need (so don't sent them all to print). A printing service should be able to handle:
model3_vent_cover_long_middle_v2
model3_vent_cover_long_end_cap_v2 (x2)

You will also need screws and vinyl to cover it.

For others wondering the long middle is 370mm. I do wonder how it would work at 300mm (my bet limit.)
--> again; grateful for the assistance