Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth/app keeps disconnecting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla friends! Today I went out to go to lunch with some friends, and my door would not open. I checked the app, and it said it was disconnected, so I used the card key to get in and the car would not start. I went into Bluetooth, and it was not connected to my phone. I could see my phone listed but no connection.

I manually connected it again, and was able to drive. After lunch, I went out to the car, and the same thing.

Disconnected, and had to use the key to drive. Set it back up with Bluetooth, and everything was fine while driving.
Went to the mall after lunch, and after coming out of the mall, same thing.

So that was three times it disconnected from Bluetooth today. Never had this happen before. I am on version 3.10.4 and software version 2020.4.1

I turned Bluetooth on and off, and signed out and connected the phone to the car again. Not sure if this will fix it, but wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen, and if there was anything else anyone recommends trying, or looking out for.

thanks!

No - it's like restarting your computer (except with computer you may have to reload pages in a browser)
The big issue I have (since you're new) is that sometimes after an update I notice things are changed in settings without my knowledge (eg last update set my "hold" setting to off) -can be a bit of a pain.