Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth issue since update 2020.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having Bluetooth issue since the most recent update? My phone connects but the music doesn’t play. And the display shows the same song even when I change the song to a different one on the phone. And when I tried to disconnect the phone, it just keeps loading.

Resetting the car and the dis/reconnecting the phone seems to resolve the issue - only for the issue to occur again the next time I drive after parking.

this is quite frustrating.

I have experienced problems since the 2020.8.1 update of not being able to switch phones. It will not disconnect or connect to a different device. It sits on the disconnecting message and will not connect. 2020.12 did not fix my Bluetooth issues.

I had a funny problem with my bluetooth iphone after the 2020.12 update. My Model X is a July 2018 build and upgraded MCU 3.0. When I connected on a call, the call would come through the car speakers for a minute, then disconnect for 20 seconds (radio would come back on) then would reconnect for another minute and then disconnect, back and forth.

I finally seemed to get rid of it by disconnecting and re-pairing my phone and doing a double scrollwheel reboot. It took a LOOONNG time to reboot but the problem seems to have gone away.

weird!

Mike P

Reactions: Cripps
Anyone else having Bluetooth issue since the most recent update? My phone connects but the music doesn’t play. And the display shows the same song even when I change the song to a different one on the phone. And when I tried to disconnect the phone, it just keeps loading.

Resetting the car and the dis/reconnecting the phone seems to resolve the issue - only for the issue to occur again the next time I drive after parking.

this is quite frustrating.
I have the exact same issue after updated to 2020.12. I was on 2020.4.1 and no issues ever before update.

A reddit post also about this issue: 2020.12 Bluetooth disconnects audio on M3 : teslamotors

This has been an issue for me in both our 3 and X since the 2020 updates. When I got the 3 in March it still had 2019.35.108 and it was fine. This problem is exacerbated when I fast forward too much thru my music. If I don’t do that, the Bluetooth is generally fine for a much longer time. But yeah, a simple soft reboot while driving will fix it.