Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bob Lutz is Opining Again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of you guys seem to assume that moving to an online only ordering system will make a test drive totally impossible. In practice there are plenty of ways they could implement a test drive for those who want one without having expensive shopping mall stores. So I would wait and see how it pans out in reality. I doubt it will be such a black and white transition to online only sales. I expect there will be regular roadshows, flagship showrooms in major cities, test drives arranged via SCs, rental companies, etc, etc.

One thing is for certain, I hate franchised car sales people! Often test drives are a bit of a joke anyway unless arranged as an extended take home test. Moving away from that ancient, cliched sales model is great news for the customer. Obviously it's nice to have the Tesla showroom in your local shopping centre, but ultimately I'd rather pay less money for the car. I certainly didn't buy my Tesla because of the showroom and I actually picked up my weekend demo car from the SC anyway.

Reactions: OPRCE
Hey Bob (Lutz)! Where are you? We need you! Please get onto one of the financial talking dolt channels and tell us again how Tesla is going bankwupt. Please provide some data/reasons that will cause said bankwuptsy.

My guess is what we will hear is silenceeeeeeeeeeeee. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: wdolson
Hey Bob (Lutz)! Where are you? We need you! Please get onto one of the financial talking dolt channels and tell us again how Tesla is going bankwupt. Please provide some data/reasons that will cause said bankwuptsy.

My guess is what we will hear is silenceeeeeeeeeeeee. :rolleyes:

Yup! He should have just kept his mouth shut. So now instead of being remembered as a leader and successes with the Volt, he is now remembered as someone who was so wrong about Tesla, It’s sad.

For some time I’ve been hopeful that Lutz would live long enough to see Tesla be an obvious success. He’s been blathering on for a very long time about how Tesla is fundamentally doomed to fail.

Meanwhile the cars he staked GM’s future on (Pontiac Solstice, full-size “dual mode” hybrid SUVs, and the Chevy Volt) are all dead due to marketplace rejection.

He’s clearly unaware of where the car market is heading.