Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boise to Sun Valley

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering taking my Model 85 S from Boise to Sun Valley via Rts 21 & 75. I'm concerned about range. Has anybody made this leg? There does not appear to be anyplace enroute to get even a little boost. EVTripPlanner says the "rated miles" is less than the ordinary miles, yet Sun Valley is 3200' feet higher. Any advice is welcome.

Roger Bohl
Sonoma, CA

Reactions: IdaX
I took the much shorter and less scenic route 20 in my S70D and it was no problem. However, I also spent several nights and had a charger at the hotel. The route you outlined is outside my comfort zone, though PlugShare show RV plugs around Stanley. If you stayed the night at one it would be much easier.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX
Upvote 0
I'm considering taking my Model 85 S from Boise to Sun Valley via Rts 21 & 75. I'm concerned about range.
Yeah, that is somewhat long doing that route. I put it into EVTripplanner, and it shows about 194 real miles and 179 rated miles consumed.

There does not appear to be anyplace enroute to get even a little boost.
What makes you say that? Where did you look? I just checked Plugshare, and I see four places right there around the Stanley area there in the middle. You should be able to use one of those if needed.

Upvote 0