TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Borrow Tesla Charger (Free Charge-up!)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Keith023, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Keith023

Keith023 New Member

Does anyone in the maryland area (near Pasadena, MD) have a Tesla 240V charger that I can borrow for a few minutes to test out a new 240V (NEMA 14-50 outlet) install?

I'll offer a free charge of your tesla for your troubles. Please send me a PM. Thnaks!

2. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

A Tesla charger is an installed part of the car.
    If you want to test your 14-50, get ahold of a voltmeter and check voltage between the hot connectors.

3. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Member

He probably means a UMC and wants to check if his install works to charge the vehicle. Not a big deal, I have seen plenty of folks waiting for their Tesla etc ask and receive this kind of help. I take by your response you are not interested in helping (wouldn't see you driving from Huntington Beach for the free charge anyhow ;)).

• Like x 1
  4. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

A UMC without a Tesla to place demand on it does nothing to test the outlet. Maybe he can move his electric range out to the garage. :)

5. kevinf311

kevinf311 Member

Did you find someone yet? If it's the UMC (and a Tesla to put load through it) you need, I could probably swing by depending on the timing.

6. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

I need to test my reading comprehension skills some more. I didn't put the first sentence together with offer of free charge to understand that OP meant Bring a car to test my 14-50. :(

7. Shipbldr200

Shipbldr200 Member

I am in Columbia, MD and could probably help out if needed... PM if you need...

8. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

9. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

I went by tonight. All is good.

• Like x 4