Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Borrow Tesla Charger (Free Charge-up!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone in the maryland area (near Pasadena, MD) have a Tesla 240V charger that I can borrow for a few minutes to test out a new 240V (NEMA 14-50 outlet) install?

I'll offer a free charge of your tesla for your troubles. Please send me a PM. Thnaks!

A Tesla charger is an installed part of the car.
If you want to test your 14-50, get ahold of a voltmeter and check voltage between the hot connectors.

He probably means a UMC and wants to check if his install works to charge the vehicle. Not a big deal, I have seen plenty of folks waiting for their Tesla etc ask and receive this kind of help. I take by your response you are not interested in helping (wouldn't see you driving from Huntington Beach for the free charge anyhow ;)).

Reactions: EVTECH
He probably means a UMC and wants to check if his install works to charge the vehicle. Not a big deal, I have seen plenty of folks waiting for their Tesla etc ask and receive this kind of help. I take by your response you are not interested in helping (wouldn't see you driving from Huntington Beach for the free charge anyhow ;)).

A UMC without a Tesla to place demand on it does nothing to test the outlet. Maybe he can move his electric range out to the garage. :)

Does anyone in the maryland area (near Pasadena, MD) have a Tesla 240V charger that I can borrow for a few minutes to test out a new 240V (NEMA 14-50 outlet) install?

I'll offer a free charge of your tesla for your troubles. Please send me a PM. Thnaks!

Did you find someone yet? If it's the UMC (and a Tesla to put load through it) you need, I could probably swing by depending on the timing.