Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Borrowed Model X for my first driving experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And good god this is amazing. Borrowed a 90D from the Turo app. I'm perusing the areas between Anaheim (doing Disney with family) and Venice. Where do you folks get a chance to absolutely floor it other than freeway entrances, of which I still haven't gotten an opportunity to due to traffic. I'd feel like I were doing something wrong if I did it on a surface street!

Only other chance is at the front of the line at a stop light with a couple clarifications:

- Double/Triple check that cross traffic isn't going to run their red light - From my years of motorcycle driving, I NEVER trust cross-traffic to honor the stop light.
- Let off the throttle by the time you leave the other side of the intersection or you'll be going way above the speed limit
- DON'T do this when you're parked next to a police car at the front of the line - can't find it, but there was a thread here along the lines of "Police don't like getting smoked" of someone getting a ticket for doing a full power launch from a stoplight right next to a police officer - ticket was for "exhibition of speed" or something like that

As you note, highway entrance ramps (or exit ramps if you also want to test the brakes) are relatively safe places to enjoy acceleration.

Reactions: skate_a_book