Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston Store - Model 3 is here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's here! Waiting till 10 to get inside! This is the Prudential store!
20180119_093406.jpg

Reactions: Bokonon
I'm thinking of going tomorrow to see it. Was it a complete mob scene? Were you able to take your time and sit in the car?

When there was a line as there was this afternoon, they had one guy sitting in the backseat who walks you through some of the touchscreen functions and another guy showing the trunk, frunk and door handle operation. When you get in he starts a 2 minute timer on an iPad then they gently push you out. He also kept wiping fingerprints off the car. Others in the store register your info on iPads, show the Model S, talk to people on line and discuss solar and power wall with people who play with the Tesla Energy display.

When there was a line as there was this afternoon, they had one guy sitting in the backseat who walks you through some of the touchscreen functions and another guy showing the trunk, frunk and door handle operation. When you get in he starts a 2 minute timer on an iPad then they gently push you out. He also kept wiping fingerprints off the car. Others in the store register your info on iPads, show the Model S, talk to people on line and discuss solar and power wall with people who play with the Tesla Energy display.

I wasn't able to make it this weekend. Hopefully I can fit it in before 2/1. I'm glad to see they had it well organized even if the time allotment was short.

Can't wait for this car to become more widely available so more people can experience the pure joy of EV ownership!

Reactions: PeterK
When there was a line as there was this afternoon, they had one guy sitting in the backseat who walks you through some of the touchscreen functions and another guy showing the trunk, frunk and door handle operation. When you get in he starts a 2 minute timer on an iPad then they gently push you out.

I wonder how many will give up on a test drive, and take delivery because "I tried it at Prudential"? The ~2 week mall visit, and all the choreography, make it seem this is the intent. My reservation was a month late, which hopefully means lower pressure when the time comes.

I wonder how many will give up on a test drive, and take delivery because "I tried it at Prudential"? The ~2 week mall visit, and all the choreography, make it seem this is the intent. My reservation was a month late, which hopefully means lower pressure when the time comes.

There are I expect three camps. Those that are so excited and set on it they don’t need to even see in person or sit in it, those who just need to reassure themselves by touching and sitting in it, and those that need a test drive first.

And my guess is that greater familiarity or experience with a Tesla or an EV pushes one into the first or second category. I had owned my S for over 2 1/2 years when I configured my X, without having driven or sat in one - though when I went to Dedham to look at different interior colors and finishes on S’s, I was lucky to be able to briefly look at but not touch a couple of Signature X’s that were being prepped for their first deliveries.

There are I expect three camps. Those that are so excited and set on it they don’t need to even see in person or sit in it, those who just need to reassure themselves by touching and sitting in it, and those that need a test drive first.

And my guess is that greater familiarity or experience with a Tesla or an EV pushes one into the first or second category. I had owned my S for over 2 1/2 years when I configured my X, without having driven or sat in one - though when I went to Dedham to look at different interior colors and finishes on S’s, I was lucky to be able to briefly look at but not touch a couple of Signature X’s that were being prepped for their first deliveries.

Man, I would never buy a car without a test drive. I have a Model 3 reservation and I definitely want a test drive before I commit to an order. My intent is for the AWD version, so hopefully by late summer there will be cars one can test drive...