Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a P3D- for many reasons - environmental consideration wasn't one of them

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wp7GGOo.jpg
Yes, when the conversation becomes too intellectual or responsible, a lot of nonintellectual and irresponsible posters can be expected to leave.

Scary how few have the slightest clue on the greatest threat to our own future, and when it's mentioned some run away . . . like this poster.

Reactions: gavine and Msjulie
Again, just outsmart us. Why not trick the entire world into buying a Tesla and leave the politics out of it? You guys can't get out of your own way as you try to control the narrative. Even if you were right, you come across as douches, so no one will listen. SMARTEN UP and just trick people like me into buying an EV for the 100 reasons other than the environment.
I have read A LOT about this global warming topic over the years. Both sides. A LOT.
This thread is the first time that I've seen that global warming was a big concern in the 70's, and the ice age was a media creation lmao you gotta love it. You can't make this stuff up.
I also love when the IPCC says that despite what everyone has said for centuries, it turns out that the Medieval Warming period never happened.
The problem with revising history is that it actually happened. They already have misfired on the future so keep on moving those goalposts.
Since the 80's all I've heard is we have 12 years left of civilization!

You guys have no idea how much you harm your own cause. Get these environmentalists into good college marketing classes and Elon would NEVER be able to keep up. SMARTER up and stop insulting the very people you need to help your cause. That only causes people to dig in their heels.
Do you want to know how I've gotten 3 people to buy a Tesla since I've owned mine? I let them drive it, show them all of the features, and let them experience plugging my car into my wall charger in my garage when it's freezing cold outside.
How many cars do you think I would have sold if I preached fear-mongering rhetoric?
You all should be thanking me for infiltrating the right-wing masses up here in cold New Hampshire lol.
Your sales tactics wouldn't sell a car to someone who doesn't think like you.

You guys have no idea how much you harm your own cause. Get these environmentalists into good college marketing classes and Elon would NEVER be able to keep up. SMARTER up and stop insulting the very people you need to help your cause. That only causes people to dig in their heels.
Do you want to know how I've gotten 3 people to buy a Tesla since I've owned mine? I let them drive it, show them all of the features, and let them experience plugging my car into my wall charger in my garage when it's freezing cold outside.
How many cars do you think I would have sold if I preached fear-mongering rhetoric?
You all should be thanking me for infiltrating the right-wing masses up here in cold New Hampshire lol.
Your sales tactics wouldn't sell a car to someone who doesn't think like you.

Agreed on all counts. It doesn’t help. Let the car sell itself - that’s one thing it does better than almost anything else!

Reactions: gavine
I have read A LOT about this global warming topic over the years. Both sides. A LOT.
This thread is the first time that I've seen that global warming was a big concern in the 70's, and the ice age was a media creation lmao you gotta love it. You can't make this stuff up.
I also love when the IPCC says that despite what everyone has said for centuries, it turns out that the Medieval Warming period never happened.
The problem with revising history is that it actually happened. They already have misfired on the future so keep on moving those goalposts.

The media exaggerates everything. So I don't know why they used that as an argument.
The website that attributes ice age scare to media, cites 42 papers arguing for climate change, published between 1965-1979.
Not exactly how sure that level of output constitutes a big concern ("in the 70s"!!!!), given there are 2M scientific papers published each year, and 100 journals covering the atmospheric/planetary/climatologic/geologic sciences.
(The bulk of the climate change publication started in the 1990s.)

What's for sure is that, like many things in science, it was in dispute. Around that topic, and around that time.
Prominent and seminal climatologist Mikhail Budyko -- actual author and peer reviewer to the initial IPCC report (lest people start accusations of tribalism) -- was one of the guys who published about snowball earth, and that there was potential for the planet to run towards either direction.

It wasn't even until the 1960s that the earth science community codified the theory of plate tectonics. But somehow everyone knew 100 years ago that the earth is in a tailspin until lord Elon Musk comes to save us all...

I have to admit. The 3 referrals I have given, 2 are not doing it primarily for ecology’s sake.
When Musk announced back in 2016 he will have a 35k dollar all electric car, my sole reason for ordering was the environment.

I had never been in anything electric other than my hybrid, and never knew much about Teslas in general. Never been in a sports car before either.

having a P3D-/sick fast car, is merely a great bonus. I’m filling out the forms for Tesla solar so I can be as green as possible.

I’m glad people are ditching ICE vehicles for any reason.

I avoid the environmental debate with people when discussing my Tesla. I used to defend the argument and it would always drag-out and never get to the merits of the car. Now, when people try and spin me up with that, I just tell them that I bought it for the performance and that debate usually ends there so we can move-on to talk about the performance and all of the other good stuff.

Reactions: toolman335
Well said fellas! It's absolutely fascinating to me that millions of people are finally doing the right thing, but it's not good enough for you if our reasons for doing it aren't in line with yours. You can't make up dumber logic.
When my roof needs to be replaced in 5 years I'm going to get solar shingles. I think it's practical, economical, and incredibly cool. Should I not bother doing it if the environment is not the primary reason(or a reason at all?).

Again, take a marketing class on how to gently win people to your righteous way of thinking, and to get people to buy into what your goals are.
This movement has trickled down from the Al Gore days in a reckless, clueless fashion.
I get heckled from the right for owning a Tesla.
I get heckled from the left for owning a Tesla for the wrong reasons.

Do you see the problem?

Reactions: Dolemite
Again, take a marketing class on how to gently win people to your righteous way of thinking, and to get people to buy into what your goals are.
This movement has trickled down from the Al Gore days in a reckless, clueless fashion.
I get heckled from the right for owning a Tesla.
I get heckled from the left for owning a Tesla for the wrong reasons.

Do you see the problem?

You ramble on more than Trump.

I got a m3p for all the reasons you listed.
I also just figured out yesterday how much money its going to save me..which has me even more excited!
I currently drive a 2017 tacoma and average 15mpg. I filled up yesterday and it cost me $60 for 18 gallons. Those 18 gallons are going to get me 270 miles. To fill the battery on the m3p it will cost me about $7.50, and go about 270 miles.

Reactions: gavine
This thread's got me thinking about things a bit. It's got me wondering how many people get actual flak from friends and family for owning a Tesla? It's not much of an issue in my neck of the woods (Vancouver) so I'd be genuinely interested in hearing about people's experiences.

This thread's got me thinking about things a bit. It's got me wondering how many people get actual flak from friends and family for owning a Tesla? It's not much of an issue in my neck of the woods (Vancouver) so I'd be genuinely interested in hearing about people's experiences.

All the time. I either get called a greenie, or a rich fatcat, or a dumbass because electric cars are stupid ....

I just smile, get back in my car, and drive the hell out of it. All while I watch the cost savings roll in, month after month after month ...

I get heckled mostly at work. They throw all of the FUD at me that they read about in the media. "Batteries are bad for the environment", "Teslas are always catching on fire", "Autopilot crashes all the time". I just keep throwing the performance mantra at them and it definitely helps, but then they do more media FUD....."Tesla's overheat when driving hard", "they are only good in a straight line", "they have no soul because they are not noisy" <sigh>

But will someone think of the children!

Thanks for the sermon, but i just want to enjoy my commuter car before the world ends in T-12 years. Hope the battery lasts that long!

Actually, with all the fuel savings i'm getting because of free charging at work, it even get myself an used diesel truck. I have always wanted one.

Again, just outsmart us. Why not trick the entire world into buying a Tesla and leave the politics out of it? You guys can't get out of your own way as you try to control the narrative. Even if you were right, you come across as douches, so no one will listen. SMARTEN UP and just trick people like me into buying an EV for the 100 reasons other than the environment.

Wow. Posting just how ignorant you are on a forum read by so many? Unwise.

Your wrote:

"I have read A LOT about this global warming topic over the years. Both sides. A LOT."

Really?

Both "sides?"

Here's a tip: There are NO SIDES, just a bunch well paid professional liars, and the facts.

Please, in an era when we desperately need more smart people and less ignorants, don't be the latter.

Thanks.

Sources (since reading comprehension, and knowing how Op-Eds and Commentary pieces differ from actual "News," have obviously been a real issue for you, I've provided video links this time):

Climate of Doubt

Sony Pictures Classics presents 'Merchants of Doubt'

Status
Not open for further replies.