Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a P3D- for many reasons - environmental consideration wasn't one of them

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, just outsmart us. Why not trick the entire world into buying a Tesla and leave the politics out of it? You guys can't get out of your own way as you try to control the narrative. Even if you were right, you come across as douches, so no one will listen. SMARTEN UP and just trick people like me into buying an EV for the 100 reasons other than the environment.
I have read A LOT about this global warming topic over the years. Both sides. A LOT.
This thread is the first time that I've seen that global warming was a big concern in the 70's, and the ice age was a media creation lmao you gotta love it. You can't make this stuff up.
I also love when the IPCC says that despite what everyone has said for centuries, it turns out that the Medieval Warming period never happened.
The problem with revising history is that it actually happened. They already have misfired on the future so keep on moving those goalposts.
Since the 80's all I've heard is we have 12 years left of civilization!

Toolman,

Your posts would carry far more weight if you provided sources and links.

Otherwise, it's just your opinions which, frankly, are of limited value here.

Thanks.

Reactions: winfield100
I get heckled mostly at work. They throw all of the FUD at me that they read about in the media. "Batteries are bad for the environment", "Teslas are always catching on fire", "Autopilot crashes all the time". I just keep throwing the performance mantra at them and it definitely helps, but then they do more media FUD....."Tesla's overheat when driving hard", "they are only good in a straight line", "they have no soul because they are not noisy" <sigh>

It appears that many of your workmates are as ignorant as a box of rocks.

Suggest you copy and print these links for them.

Present them next time another clueless idiot FUD's you--and ask them to provide their links in response, as long as they ARE NOT OP-EDs and Commentary BS from those paid to lie by the fossil fuel industry . . . you'll be waiting a very, very long time as there really aren't any retorts to the facts: we cannot dump unlimited amounts of GHG's without impact, and every time they buy gas THEY are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

climate.nasa.gov

Sony Pictures Classics presents 'Merchants of Doubt'

skepticalscience.com

Climate of Doubt

Climate Disinformation

But will someone think of the children!

Thanks for the sermon, but i just want to enjoy my commuter car before the world ends in T-12 years. Hope the battery lasts that long!

Actually, with all the fuel savings i'm getting because of free charging at work, it even get myself an used diesel truck. I have always wanted one.

"Sermon?"

I thought education through high school was compulsory in California?

If so, how did you graduate and learn nothing of physics and chemistry?

Or did you just forget everything you supposedly learned?

Sorry that you feel that being educated on the greatest threat to our planet is somehow a sermon--it just reflects on how remarkably ignorant so very, very many people are (even here!), and it really highlights the importance getting the word out on this threat.

Never in human history have so many been so easily fooled by so few with so little.

• Disagree
Reactions: ModelNforNerd
"Sermon?"

Sorry that you feel that being educated on the greatest threat to our planet is somehow a sermon--it just reflects on how remarkably ignorant so very, very many people are (even here!), and it really highlights the importance getting the word out on this threat.

Never in human history have so many been so easily fooled by so few with so little.
How's the weather on your soapbox?

Reactions: dahaz22 and tvad
How's the weather on your soapbox?

Really holmgang? That's your reply?

We face a massive, planetary-scale threat, combined with stunning ignorance and an intentional misinformation from the largest, most profitable companies on the planet . . . and the likes of you (and others of similarly limited information) reply with grade-school insults.

Depending on the numbers of people like you we may, actually, be doomed after all.

We face a massive, planetary-scale threat, combined with stunning ignorance and an intentional misinformation from the largest, most profitable companies on the planet . . . and the likes of you (and others of similarly limited information) reply with grade-school insults.

Depending on the numbers of people like you we may, actually, be doomed after all.

okay doomer

You guys continue to make my point. It's beyond comical. Rather quite sad.
How many people have you won over due to your line of thinking? Are you selling Tesla's to right wing crazies like I have? I have a few more referrals coming soon.
I picture you giving test rides to people who don't think like you and saying "Hey douche, buy this car due to the end of the world coming. Are you going to buy it? You're ignorant if you don't and you're going to hell."

You guys have no idea how to further the cause of a movement. Fear-mongering and insults won't win anyone to your line of thinking. What part of that don't you get? If you want people to change their behavior but you insult them, do you understand that they won't do what you want them to? That is an elementary school concept and I'm trying to keep it simple.
This is like the age-old curing cancer discussion. If we actually cured cancer, millions of people in the industry would lose jobs.
I don't think you guys actually want people to drive EVs. You'd be whining about too many people not owning them for environmental reasons, long lines at Superchargers, and a lack of parts available from Tesla.
Why not be happy that I am choosing to help the world that you say is doomed?

I picture you giving test rides to people who don't think like you and saying "Hey douche, buy this car due to the end of the world coming. Are you going to buy it? You're ignorant if you don't and you're going to hell."

I can picture that. Then at the end of the drive, lock the doors, have them sit and watch that Greta Thunberg (sp?) scolding them.
"HOW DARE YOU"
"YOU HAVE STOLEN MY CHILDHOOD AND MY DREAMS"

Easy sell, easy 1000 miles referrals right there.

I think you are greatly overestimating the number of people here that are so hard-core. I let people drive my car and I don't get into the climate debate at all, simply because one side will never convince the other. It's much easier to convince someone that the car is a great car. Honestly I think you are much more hard-core anti-climate than most here are pro-climate, TSLA-Pilot aside. And let's consider for a moment how absurd it is to even need a label like "anti-climate".

Reactions: focher
I haven't talked about the climate at all with anyone who has been in or around my car. I promise I'm not anti-climate lol. It just played no role in buying a Tesla.
These message boards are unbelievable though. I can't believe people get criticized for owning the best, greenest car on the planet if their reasons for doing it don't include the climate. You would think right-wing crazies planted people who pretend to care about the environment in order to sabotage the movement.
You can't make up more absurd talking points criticizing unrighteous Tesla owners.

Even though I agree that we are certainly messing up our home, you won’t convince anyone like this. Fortunately Tesla is showing EVs are awesome and renewable energy is becoming cheaper than fossil fuels.

Reactions: toolman335
"Sermon?"

I've been going to Fenway Park since I was a kid. Every season, the same guy plants himself in the middle of foot traffic on the bridge over the Mass Pike.

He tells us we're all sinners. We're terrible people. We're going to burn in hell. Only Jesus's love can save us.

This is starting to feel like that, but with emojis.

Status
Not open for further replies.