Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BP Pulse Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of service suburban stations are poorly positioned to entice EV owners out of their car to make impulse purchases. Freeway service stations are better positioned providing somewhere to eat a fresh meal outside the car and stretch one's legs while charging for 15-20 minutes and a more akin to a destination in their own right. Suburban land use will have to adapt to multi-use destinations. We are already seeing this with Mirvac and AMP Capital offering destination chargers co-located with their existing retail centres. This speaks to the convenience provided by EVs where charging while doing activities that are already part of your routine is the norm.

Reactions: Hairyman
BP sites make their money from selling chocolate bars and cokes in the attached shop. That's where they get the benefit from an Evie charger on site.
In at least one site they will also be trying to entice the all five hydrogen-powered cars in Brisbane to make government-sized choccie purchases ;)
No mention of electric charging joy at the same place.

A lot of service suburban stations are poorly positioned to entice EV owners out of their car to make impulse purchases. Freeway service stations are better positioned providing somewhere to eat a fresh meal outside the car and stretch one's legs while charging for 15-20 minutes and a more akin to a destination in their own right. Suburban land use will have to adapt to multi-use destinations. We are already seeing this with Mirvac and AMP Capital offering destination chargers co-located with their existing retail centres. This speaks to the convenience provided by EVs where charging while doing activities that are already part of your routine is the norm.

Exactly. Metro service stations are very unappealing destinations for EV charging because they rarely have a nice-ish place to stop and eat with edible food, tables, chairs and toilets. I guess some do, but the rest are very much designed to not encourage hanging around of any kind. If a metro service station like this has an EV charger, expect the driver to walk away and eat or shop elsewhere. In which case, its adding zero value to the servo operator.

Found this on the BP website. They're partnering with Evie:

So it looks like this page (and the list of locations quoted in my previous post) has completely disappeared from the BP website...

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok
I can think of a BP that is not so far from me in Ringwood Victoria that would be perfect.
Looks like installation has started there (from Facebook):

1664515514736.png

Reactions: Braz and Vostok
I think have entered the twilight zone. I just drive pass on my way out elsewhere to check it out, I cannot see anything at the location! No Painted spots, no chargers, no orange bollards!
I went to look up the address, and found there were two BPs in Ringwood!

But I figured a local would be able to work it out!

[Edit: Just checked Street View - definitely the first one!]