Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BP Pulse Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, but 15 supercharger stalls were recently funded there. Hilarity may ensue.

Absolutely. Although being a remoteish site I assume it will be done as one massive power upgrade.

It's interesting that despite using the new Tritiium PK system, BP hasn't laid the conduit for easier expansion.

Although as we've seen with Evie Sutton Forest pre-eork doesn't necessarily mean a seamless upgrade.

Given the other BP sites, possibly also only one charging unit which will be disappointing.
Marulan Southbound's staff think it's going to be 6 stalls, but yeah, just one RTM75 stall for now.
20221211_050800.jpg

Reactions: cafz and scully
So assuming both will be free until mid-Jan...
Do you risk BP Marulan, or NRMA Mittagong over the holidays (both single stall and free), or go to the paid Evie Sutton Forest site in the middle (should be 4 stalls but doesn't appear all are working yet)

So assuming both will be free until mid-Jan...
Do you risk BP Marulan, or NRMA Mittagong over the holidays (both single stall and free), or go to the paid Evie Sutton Forest site in the middle (should be 4 stalls but doesn't appear all are working yet)
I would go to paid sites especially in the holidays.
If there is one thing I have learnt in the 6 months of owning an EV is most EV owners are El cheapo's. Will try to get free electrons wherever they can.
I can only imagine as the cheaper EV's come on the market what lengths those owner's might go to for a free fill as well.

I would go to paid sites especially in the holidays

This. 100%. Even in non-holiday periods.

If there is one thing I have learnt in the 6 months of owning an EV is most EV owners are El cheapo's. Will try to get free electrons wherever they can.
I can only imagine as the cheaper EV's come on the market what lengths those owner's might go to for a free fill as well.

It’s gonna get bad although NSW is trying to keep up. I applied to be on NRMA’s EV advisory panel and completed the questionnaire and some feedback I gave them was that they need to (a) start charging for charging™ ASAP and (b) provide live status of their stations either through their own App when they have one, or via Chargefox’s App, now that they own them.

I wonder if that means I won’t be selected 🤣

Guilty as charged. I fill up for free when there are opportunities but do weigh it against the time/distance to get to a free charger.

I think it’s also because free chargers are a thing currently, unlike free petrol. But I know the free ride will come to an end and we do need to pay for these electrons and infrastructure. I’m happy to fork out so reliable chargers can be built where we most need them and there’s enough to go around for the jump in EV numbers

Queensland Caboolture also now has both sides working...
Southbound Caboolture listed as dual CCS and plugshare photo seems to confirm. Both sides showing as paid. So free only lasted for the one side commissioned first.

Chademo showing on both sides of Marulan. The 'Coming soon' side is showing as paid whilst the commissioned site is coming up as free...

This also means that BP don't have to spend extra on renewable energy and can pocket the difference.

Wind and solar are much cheaper than almost all fossils. From OpenNEM in December the average market prices are:

Rooftop Solar: $12.08/MWh (rubbish FIT 😄)
Grid Solar: $35.47
Wind: $47.96
Brown Coal (only in Vic, and not subject to export pricing): $44.01
Black Coal: $104.11
Hydro: $106.44
Gas (different generation types): $68.10 - $160.14

Average prices (across all gen sources) have already dropped from a peak of $388/MWh in July to $87.03 now, which is less than what it was last December, pre-Ukraine. It’s hard to see on this basis why power prices would increase by 50% next year, particularly after today’s intervention.

Wholesale prices for solar and wind often go negative, which makes battery and PHES projects look increasingly attractive. Get paid to take the power, and paid again to release it. How good is that!

Average prices (across all gen sources) have already dropped from a peak of $388/MWh in July to $87.03 now, which is less than what it was last December, pre-Ukraine. It’s hard to see on this basis why power prices would increase by 50% next year, particularly after today’s intervention.
The base futures prices are more relevant for the way most retailers operate: Quarterly base futures prices and volume traded

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok
Expect a certain Uber drivers review RSN.
Northbound is switched off. Southbound works fine, just like their app says.

But there's a weird trip hazard on the pavement in front of it. Threaded rods. Something would be about to be bolted down immediately in front of the charger, but I have no real idea what that might be. A bench seat for disabled accessibility perhaps? But probably just those bollards that the disabled folks hate (even though I think they're great for balance).

There are also weird BP notice boards off to the side of the chargers on both sides.

It's nice to have a charger somewhere you can order a good counter meal. BP's choke-n-puke did a really nice all day breakfast. If one day I arrive on a low enough SoC I'll consider the steak!

Reactions: moa999 and RichardV