Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BP Pulse price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Email just received from BP Pulse…

844976B4-5DB9-49F7-9522-3815C9544A79.jpeg

Can you choose to charge at 50kw on a 150kw charger? Seems odd they’re more per kWh when you’re spending less time at them so more capacity for more customers

I get the idea you’ll pay for the convenience of speed, but you generally don’t have a choice

I signed up to BP Pulse but am actually avoiding using it. Their twitter feed is just constant complaints and issues.

Looking at their app just now, it shows no available chargers in the whole country - some kind of IT issue showing every charger as out of service.

• Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro
Given the state of wholesale prices just now I expect we'll see this from other operators.

If you mostly charge at home then it's more important to have reliable chargers showing live occupancy and a perky charge rate. 10p per mile is about what my diesel C-class Merc costs in fuel, so IMHO it's acceptable if rapid charging is a rare usage.

Crappy chargers that don't work half the time, and you can't see if they're all in use - now that's the bigger complaint.

To cover the £7.85 monthly charge, you've got to be charging say twice a month to break even.

Given the state of their twitter feed and replies, I'd be surprised if you could access a working charger, twice a month.

The current theme on there seems to be abandoned cables up and down the country as the charge points never release them :rolleyes:

To add some balance.. in Wiltshire at least if you're a Polar (BP) subscriber you can charge at all of the council run charging locations for free, including rapids. They aren't the most reliable, but I managed to survive on them on my Evezy (Onto) i3 for a good year without having a home charger.

Reactions: browellm
The change will save me the monthly subscription fee as I only were using their 50kWh chargers on occasion and since it now cost 50% more to charge on these, it's no longer an option. It is indeed an odd price change as it will most likely push people off the monthly subscription...

• Helpful
Reactions: Country Boy
I guess the subscription was quite a good deal before. You'd only have to be doing one decent sized charge a month to cover it compared to a network charging 30p and they are rare. Clearly it was too good. Of course you would have to find a working charger first...