Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new model x battery replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car last friday and had to drop it off to service on Monday. I saw blue liquid seeping out the car which turns out to be coolant. Car during delivery also had one side DRL not working

Now im told they will need to replace the High Voltage battery due to the leak. That is crazy on a new car, especially the main battery. Is there anyway to refuse the car now and ask for a replacement?

I picked up my car last friday and had to drop it off to service on Monday. I saw blue liquid seeping out the car which turns out to be coolant. Car during delivery also had one side DRL not working

Now im told they will need to replace the High Voltage battery due to the leak. That is crazy on a new car, especially the main battery. Is there anyway to refuse the car now and ask for a replacement?
Tesla does not believe in car returns/refunds after delivery, so you have to find other legal excuses, such as lemon law.

Since you just picked it up last Friday, it's too early for a lemon law.

It's an inconvenience, but I would keep the car because it's modular. Drop it down, replace it, and it will be just like brand new.

Is there anyway to refuse the car now and ask for a replacement?
No, it’s your car now. Tesla will have to fix it under the new car warranty terms. But battery replacements are something that Tesla has down do the T. If it is in stock, it just takes a few days for it to be done. If it takes several weeks, then you could explore a way out via the lemon law.

At least it was caught now, and didn’t leave you stranded somewhere.

Tesla can swap out battery packs quite quickly and DRL's are also an easy fix. At this point I'd document everything going forward tho. Hopefully they give you a good loaner and you live close to the SC. I'm 200 miles away, but except for a steering rack replacement on my '22 PY, have had great luck with all 3 of my Teslas so far.