Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new Model x sensor problem..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hind ZZ

Jan 31, 2020
Sa
Hi I gust received my brand new Tesla model x.. One day ago..
1 hour after car delivered I have an issue with the sensors drivever side door and falcon door driver side..
It won't open and says obstical dedicated.. With red or gray mark on screen..
I don't know what to do and really disappointed car just 1 hour arrived..
Did any one have same problem and how it can solve..

Best Regards
image%3A81609.jpg
image%3A81609.jpg
20200131_154112-1.jpg

The service center is a good option, maybe Tesla has mobile service in your area and will come to you to fix this. You could try the simple reset steps from the Reset Wiki in the Model X area. That worked for me once when one FWD had a similar problem.

Last edited:
Hi HindZZ,

Some details would be helpful...
Is this in a garage? Is it in an open field?
Up against a wall?

There is a setting on "Doors" that will open Falcon Wing Doors fully or Partial.
You may want to try it on partial...

Be careful - When experimenting you are able to damage the doors...
Try it out in the open and see how it works and proceed from there...

Shawn

Rich Rebuilds recently did a video showcasing all the things that can go wrong with a Model X. Apparently the sensors in the falcon wing doors are held in place with some adhesive which can come loose if not attached properly at the factory. If that happens the sensor will think the door is obstructed. Looks to be an easy fix but requires removal of the door panel.

Either take it to the service center or see if a mobile ranger will come out to you. Shouldn't be a big deal to resolve.

What dannycamps said...

Had defective FWD sensor (not sensing) I discovered while opening the door in my garage for the first time from delivery center..almost hitting the wall/electric panel.

Mobile Service tech came, saw sensor mount came loose - adhesive failed. He replaced the mount, and the sensor too for good measure.

No problem since then, that was 1Oct2019 LR Raven.

20191021_195217.jpg

I’m having the same issue that is intermittent on my passenger FW door. 300 miles only on the car and I just got it back after full Xpel stealth wrap and ceramic coating….I’m scheduled for mobile service to come out in a couple of weeks….question for everyone….how bad is the fix? Asking how much damage are they going to do and is there a risk of rattles after them mucking around? Thanks and so disappointed that my 176k car is doing this….

I’m having the same issue that is intermittent on my passenger FW door. 300 miles only on the car and I just got it back after full Xpel stealth wrap and ceramic coating….I’m scheduled for mobile service to come out in a couple of weeks….question for everyone….how bad is the fix? Asking how much damage are they going to do and is there a risk of rattles after them mucking around? Thanks and so disappointed that my 176k car is doing this….
A couple of us are having the same issue. I took delivery last Friday, found the issue with the driver FW door at delivery, they replaced the sensor right then, it worked for 10 min then reappeared. So I’m taking it in next week. Someone suggests it may be an issue with the sensor’s tripod apparatus mounting on the door, one of the legs may be loose.

My car is in the shop getting PPF this week :)

So it’s safe to assume it’s not the PPF….real question is how much damage to my virgin car will done by the mobile tech to get to the apparatus….I saw a video of how to access it and I almost had a heart attack….would love to hear from people who had this done if there was any wear and tear or rattling afterwards????

So it’s safe to assume it’s not the PPF….real question is how much damage to my virgin car will done by the mobile tech to get to the apparatus….I saw a video of how to access it and I almost had a heart attack….would love to hear from people who had this done if there was any wear and tear or rattling afterwards????
Very unlikely it is the PPF. My X was vinyl wrapped, full front PPF, and ceramic coated. It had no effect.

The Mobile techs know what they are doing, likely much better than the techs in the shop. The main factor is they probably have done the same repair dozens of times, and know exactly where to stick their tools. I would encourage you to be present when the tech shows up. They are quite personable and likely you will pick up all kinds a valuable information. But if you are the type that gets squeamish while the patient is "on the table" so to speak, it might not be the best idea to watch. Lol.

Reactions: jboy210