Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Branson, MO (speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla site shows “coming soon” in 2020 but supercharge.info shows nothing. Does anyone in the area know when the supercharger may be completed?

A top off in Springfield will probably be fine for a weekend in Branson, along with possible level 2 public charging, and then hit the supercharger again on the way back to St. Louis.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
The Tesla site shows “coming soon” in 2020 but supercharge.info shows nothing. Does anyone in the area know when the supercharger may be completed?

A top off in Springfield will probably be fine for a weekend in Branson, along with possible level 2 public charging, and then hit the supercharger again on the way back to St. Louis.
The coming soon pin means almost nothing other than Tesla eventually plans to install a supercharger somewhere in the rough vicinity of the pin. If you are from the area, the best bet is to look for likely spots and then hunt for permits being issued and/or construction to begin.

Look at the types of facilities that have Superchargers in MO. See if there is a common theme. For example, superchargers are often at HyVees or Meijer in the midwest.

You too can become a supercharger hunter if you do these things. Everyone who helps curate supercharge.info is active here on TMC. We'll add it when someone finds evidence of a location and either a permit or construction. Remember that there is nothing magical about supercharge.info. It is just the fruits of volunteer crowdsourcing sleuths.

I submitted a request for permit information from the City of Branson and as of this time there are no applications in the works.
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 4.19.25 PM.png

I submitted a request for permit information from the City of Branson and as of this time there are no applications in the works.View attachment 604820
Thank you for doing that and then reporting to the community. That's good to know. But as a caution, one should be careful to not read too much into it. Tesla isn't that particular with where they put the grey pins on their map vis-a-vis where the supercharger station actually gets built. The final location is regularly as much as 10 or 15 miles away from the jurisdiction that is marked on their coming soon map. Assuming Tesla is actually working towards a supercharger somewhere in the region around Branson currently, if the location is even 5 feet outside the Branson city limits you wouldn't be able to get any information about it by asking the city. Also, by asking them specifically about building permits you might not get any results for projects in development that haven't gotten to that stage, i.e. still in planning/zoning stages and not yet ready to apply for construction permits.

Reactions: CO_MY
Looks like this is an older thread, but it looks like they built a supercharger in Joplin about the same time this disappeared from Tesla's "Find Us" site. My guess is they decided to build it there instead. Which is kind of silly since thousands of people travel in and out of Branson, and there is no level 3 charger whatsoever.

*Resurrected*

Come on, Tesla. Branson, MO, Harrison, AR... Somewhere around there. Please and thank you.
They have budgets for each market. I’d guess BWJordan is right, they felt the money was better spent moving the SCs in Joplin away from the abandoned murder hotels to the new Kum & Go station 😆

I would also love to see a supercharger location added in Branson. I bet we see it come back next year as a 2023 targeted install.

They have budgets for each market. I’d guess BWJordan is right, they felt the money was better spent moving the SCs in Joplin away from the abandoned murder hotels to the new Kum & Go station 😆

I would also love to see a supercharger location added in Branson. I bet we see it come back next year as a 2023 targeted install.
lol, is that where the previous supercharger was? In Shanksville? Well, I'm glad they're doing that at least!

Already did. I suggested Branson months ago when it wasn't on the list. I don't understand why there is no DCFC in Branson. Wild.
I just voted, too, and me neither. I guess they either don't realize how big of a tourist destination Branson is (just shy of 10 million visitors in 2021) or they figure people can just charge in Springfield on their way to or from Branson. Except that anyone coming from the southwest (Oklahoma) has to detour the long way around the north side of Springfield to do that, and anyone coming from the south (Little Rock--a large market for Branson visitors) wouldn't come through Springfield.

I have a selfish motivation for one in Branson: I live in Ozark (just south of Springfield) and do a lot of hiking in NW Arkansas (along the Buffalo River)--and I don't have the ability to charge at home, so a trip from home to Ponca and meandering around that area before heading home currently necessitates a 20-minute detour up to Springfield to charge before heading south, whereas a charging stop in Branson would make spur-of-the-moment trips much more feasible.

As of now, with 1070 votes, Branson is the #7 location on the North America leaderboard and the #2 highest one (after Helen, GA) that has a primary access route into that area without any nearby Superchargers (all the others are just adding density in areas that already have reasonably nearby Supercharger locations). No idea if that holds any sway with the Supercharger planning folks...but I'm cautiously optimistic it'll get on their radar at some point.

Note that the Tanger Outlets are apparently (per Plugshare) putting in CCS chargers, so that's a potential backup for anyone coming to Branson with the right adapter. (Haven't driven by to investigate myself yet.)

My only hope is that they took the top X of these locations and are planning them now, since the top voted location in the US is at 425 votes now, while Branson had 1050+.
I'm really starting to think that Branson must have some anti-Tesla/EV law or something that is holding things up. If so, maybe Tesla is waiting to buy some land and circumvent this? I dunno. Wishful thinking. As long as we get Guy Fieri and Paula Deen food delivered to our SC stalls, I'm good. ;)

I'm really starting to think that Branson must have some anti-Tesla/EV law or something that is holding things up. If so, maybe Tesla is waiting to buy some land and circumvent this? I dunno. Wishful thinking. As long as we get Guy Fieri and Paula Deen food delivered to our SC stalls, I'm good. ;)
I want to think it's just Tesla, but it seems like Volta may be having trouble getting their CCS adapters online in Branson too. They've been installed since at least Feb. Tanger Outlets | PlugShare

I was also really hoping SDC would install L2 chargers with their giant parking lot construction project, but nothing so far at least.

I've done a fair amount of road tripping in my Model 3 SR+, and so far the most inconvenient stretch was between Springfield, MO, and Little Rock, AR. Hard to believe that hasn't been split with a Supercharger in Branson yet.

I've done a fair amount of road tripping in my Model 3 SR+, and so far the most inconvenient stretch was between Springfield, MO, and Little Rock, AR. Hard to believe that hasn't been split with a Supercharger in Branson yet.
Same here. Whenever I make the stretch, I always stop at Paula Deens or something and get some free juice at the Landing. Even still, I roll into Little Rock in low single digits. I don't know what the hold up is in Branson. Businesses? Chamber of Commerce? Utilities companies? I had Branson on the SC voting page and it got pretty high, then it just disappeared. I dunno.