Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Breaker Box Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I see that the response from the electrician flat-out avoids this direct question.

That directly conflicts with this line from NEC:

Yes, of course it does, and it's exactly the same THWN/THHN insulation that is on the interior wires of Romex, too! That's not the point. It's that bundled together tightly sheath situation that makes it different than wires sitting loosely in a conduit.

That is exactly the opposite of what that NEC citation says.

The response is what it is, and it shows me what I would want to find out, and that they don't want to learn. I wouldn't use them.
Thank you again for always taking the time to really explain everything to me. I think I am going to go with the initial quote I got becuase they were at least $400 less than anyone else that offered me a EMT with 6 THHN install. Not sure if anyone else used them before but it's Faraday Electric. Looks like they are out of San Diego but are coming into Houston market through possibly getting electricians to work under their umbrella?

Side note, some of these guys that gave me quotes tried to charge me $200+ for a 60AMP breaker which when I look is like 20-50 bucks depending on where you get it for a Square D one. Am I reading that wrong? Because it also looks like that is the way they up charge then lower their prices when you ask for a discount via those breakers.

Thank you again for always taking the time to really explain everything to me. I think I am going to go with the initial quote I got becuase they were at least $400 less than anyone else that offered me a EMT with 6 THHN install. Not sure if anyone else used them before but it's Faraday Electric. Looks like they are out of San Diego but are coming into Houston market through possibly getting electricians to work under their umbrella?

Side note, some of these guys that gave me quotes tried to charge me $200+ for a 60AMP breaker which when I look is like 20-50 bucks depending on where you get it for a Square D one. Am I reading that wrong? Because it also looks like that is the way they up charge then lower their prices when you ask for a discount via those breakers.
I used them and found them to be knowledgable and professional...and their quote was the most straightforward.

Just wanted to give an update. I ended up going with the first quote which was from Faraday Electric. As I read while researching, they are based out San Diego but have contractors/journeyman electricians that work under them as they get the leads from Tesla's site etc.

I was worried at first becuase you never know when they are outsourcing their techs since the main company is in another state.

My tech came right at 8AM which was the first spot of my window, went right to work and was done in about an hour and 15 minutes, was really polite and knew his stuff.

All in all after a $50 discount for booking next day service from the day I got my charger it came out to $631 for an EMT install and 6THHN wires pulled 15 feet in the garage close to the door that way I can do inside and outside charging if needed

Thank you to everyone that helped me along the way.

IMG_1638.JPG