Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brexit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worried that if I like this tweet the world will perceive me as a brexiteer.
I already thought you were a Brexiteer ... so it will be cemented with a like ;)

BTW, I remember some Brexiteers arguing that UK will find it easy to make a lot of deals (with countries like India) quickly. I don't think they will come here now and accept they were wrong.

Reactions: petit_bateau
What cannot go on, must stop

"The failure of Brexit is now widely acknowledged and ever-more openly discussed. .... despite a barrage of pro-Brexit reporting from some parts of the media, as well as much Tory boosterism, the public view has for many months been settling to the view that Brexit was a mistake and has failed. The latest YouGov polling records its lowest-ever level of people thinking Brexit was the right choice (31%) and the joint highest-ever level of those thinking it was a mistake (56%). It also shows 62% think Brexit has been ‘more of a failure’ and just 9% that it has been ‘more of a success’."

Reactions: JupiterMan
What cannot go on, must stop

"The failure of Brexit is now widely acknowledged and ever-more openly discussed. .... despite a barrage of pro-Brexit reporting from some parts of the media, as well as much Tory boosterism, the public view has for many months been settling to the view that Brexit was a mistake and has failed. The latest YouGov polling records its lowest-ever level of people thinking Brexit was the right choice (31%) and the joint highest-ever level of those thinking it was a mistake (56%). It also shows 62% think Brexit has been ‘more of a failure’ and just 9% that it has been ‘more of a success’."

There can’t be any real discussion on returning until there is a hint of consensus on what we would be returning to. Euro or not etc.
we are 10 years away from accepting the whole enchilada. And that assumes we can’t pull ourselves together and make a future outside of the eu in the meantime.

And that assumes we can’t pull ourselves together and make a future outside of the eu in the meantime.
I'm sure the UK can become a colony of India in the meantime. That at least is the current trend.

...... but attempts to stop people talking about Return and Rejoin are rather transparent, and will fail.

..... after all there was no consensus about Leave and still it happened.

.... and the EU has a well practiced template for Join. Which is full compliance. In every way. Simples.

(the UK might just squeeze into the queue behind Ukraine and Moldova)

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
I'm sure the UK can become a colony of India in the meantime. That at least is the current trend.

...... but attempts to stop people talking about Return and Rejoin are rather transparent, and will fail.

..... after all there was no consensus about Leave and still it happened.

.... and the EU has a well practiced template for Join. Which is full compliance. In every way. Simples.

(the UK might just squeeze into the queue behind Ukraine and Moldova)
Don't let the pride of Englanders get in the way of a good idea huh?

Sorry - India already has enough problems. Can’t take on UK’s too.

ps : It is interesting that Indian kings mostly never tried to colonize any place. A bar on sea travel as a taboo was probably the main reason. Ofcourse they had enough other Indian kings to fight with.

Reactions: petit_bateau
The Cons really do know they've messed up and are doing a pretty good impression of rats abandoning the sinking ship

"Morale among Conservatives has been sent tumbling by the new bout of infighting. Forty-four MPs have already announced that they will not contest the next election. "

"Johnson is gone from frontline politics, but voters will have to live with the legacy of the worst prime minister in living memory for decades to come. He has left three lasting blights on Britain. The first is Brexit. Johnson supported leaving the EU because it suited his leadership ambitions; he was one of the key architects of a populist campaign that misled the public that Brexit would restore British sovereignty, make us richer, reduce levels of immigration and free up valuable resources for public services. After the referendum, he opportunistically embraced a hard Brexit that no one voted for to build his own political base and manoeuvre himself into Number 10. As a result, Brexit has been achieved but at the expense of significant economic growth, greater regional equality, and regulatory accord between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK. It will make us poorer over the long term."

Oh dear, just as predicted

UK exports in last decade worse than any G7 country except Japan
UN figures show value of British goods and services exports rose by 6% between 2012 and 2021, compared with 29.1% for EU