Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brexit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume that you are both not quite as negative as you sound. From what I can see, the whole world's media is very positive. I agree with your main position. Brexit was a mistake and we will struggle to replace it ever. You are on the winning side. But, this is good all things considered and could have been much worse.
anything that improves UK relationship with Europe is positive, and anything that helps calms tensions in NI also

After six years of acting in bad faith and hostility to europe, I've lost much faith in ability for Tories/ERG being able to do anything constructive. We've been in similar places before, where the nutters come out of the woodwork days after apparent progress to again wreck things. And as long as Johnson is in the wings continuing to act like he is a PM, who knows how things will pan out.

so positive if this can get through, but sceptical also!

Reactions: petit_bateau
EU view of NI administrativia arrangements branded as Windsor Framework. Somewhat different phrasing, summed by

"The solutions have been found within the framework of the Withdrawal Agreement, of which the Protocol is an integral part."
and

"Has the role of the Court of Justice of the European Union changed? : There is no change to the role of the Court of Justice of the European Union. The Court of Justice remains the sole and ultimate arbiter of EU law."

Last edited:
US bank Citigroup said on Monday that it planned to double its number of staff in Paris by building a new trading floor in the French capital, part of a gradual shift by global lenders away from London after decades of using the UK as a hub for EU business............ “We’ve already moved quite a few and there’s more to go,” he said. “We’ve been able to hire talent in Paris that we would never have been able to attract in London.”

"The former Brexit secretary David Davis .....suggested that since Brexit, the media – he named the Sun, Daily Telegraph, Times and Daily Mail – have stopped “kicking Brussels all the time” as they did in the run-up to the 2016 referendum."

Elon might have hyper loop but we have superloop:
Max speed 40mph!
Not knowing London I don't know how useful that would be.

I used to use the Nottingham ring road buses on occasion. Service frequency was the main issue. If the timing right though, it was helpful because both of the hospitals and some other places were on the ring road and could allow people to get to places without having to go in and out of the city centre.

The usual hub and spoke models can be annoyingly slow. I cycled 45 miles to my parents' house once and it took 3 hours. Sometimes it would take longer than that on public transportation.

Not just UK getting hit here. Germany and UK autos will get a boost when manufacture is >90% robots. Will need to be multi floor factories also.
GERMANY : -36% over 10 years, with new entrants (Tesla) being prepared to build a factory.

UK : -54% over 6 years with no new entrants, statements by many prospective entrants that they will not consider post-Brexshit UK, and exits by Toyota and Honda.

Hmmmm........

Reactions: JupiterMan
Same old usual, Brexshit - and entirely and frequently predicted way back pre-referendum that this would be a consequence

"coach traffic suffered significant delays due to lengthy French border processes and sheer volume.”"

More Brexshit reality, funny old world when the club you've just left still gets to veto your laws (or trade war)

and, less money

Another UK Brexshit sh1tshow for the UK car industry

"Ineos, the company founded and run by the British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe, will build an electric version of its new Grenadier off-road vehicle in Austria.
The electric version of the 4x4 will be developed with the Canadian car parts manufacturer Magna and production is scheduled to start in 2026. The decision means that the UK has missed out on building a second Ineos vehicle, after Ratcliffe, a vocal Brexit backer who is resident in Monaco for tax purposes, chose a French factory for the original Grenadier."