Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bricked on Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sales manager emailed today and said they were ordering a new long range plus and would report back on Tuesday the 25th in terms of timeline, etc.

parents received a few software update notifications on phones last night where vehicle attempted and failed a software update 3x

Reactions: Hebert
Sales manager emailed today and said they were ordering a new long range plus and would report back on Tuesday the 25th in terms of timeline, etc.

Glad to hear that they are hopefully trying to fast-track a replacement. As the owner of an LR X that's had no major issues in our first 12k miles, I hope Tesla takes care of your parents and they can get past this. It's a fantastic vehicle.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
agreed, my dad just reminded me of the time I bought the very first iPhone back in like 2007. It wouldn’t connect to att servers and was bricked for 3 days before it was able to be used.
Hopefully Tesla will sort them out quickly with another vehicle and work to sweeten the deal a bit to make up for the massive inconvenience.

This just reminded me of my first iPhone. It wouldn't see the sim after I left AT&T. I had to exchange for a new phone once more stock arrived.

Wish I had better news to report, but had a pretty awful delivery of a new long range X today with my parents. This was their first Tesla, and they were super excited, and rented a car and drove 3 hours for delivery today. I took off from work early and met them to help out with their delivery experience.
The paperwork was signed, given keys to the car, did a check over and had a good orientation. We hit a small snag when the slacker radio didn’t activate, so they went away, said they activated it and asked us to check to see if it worked.
At that point, it all went south.
The two screens went black and the charge port went into the locked position where no charger could be inserted. It was suddenly bricked. Not able to do a soft or hard reset. The next 2 hours consisted of several technicians coming over, along with the delivery manager to see if they could figure out what happened. They were unable to connect to the car from their end. They checked the 12 V battery and checked for any loose connections around the car with no luck. Finally, they apologized and said there was a problem that would need repair.
My parents were pretty devastated. We were literally about to drive off the lot when this happened. The check for payment was returned and my parents said said they no longer wanted that particular vehicle. There are no more like what they want available right now to match with. Now they are deciding what to do next while Tesla works to see if they can help make up for the situation.
obviously, very disappointed.

Sorry to hear! On the bright side, at least the car malfunctioned at the Service Center and not after you took it home.

Keep us posted on how they handle this and if they give you any sort of comp. They would easily do this back in the day, but they are much more stingy these days.

Reactions: Jwalker9
Eek. Did they at least fix the issue or are they selling you a bricked car?

person who called wasn’t aware of the issue and that there is supposedly a reorder in process on Teslas end to match them with a new long range plus with different VIN. of course, the Owner Advisor can’t be reached to help sort it out and so frustration builds.

person who called wasn’t aware of the issue and that there is supposedly a reorder in process on Teslas end to match them with a new long range plus with different VIN. of course, the Owner Advisor can’t be reached to help sort it out and so frustration builds.

Sounds about right. You should stay on top of your OA to make sure you get this figured out before Model Y release (03/15). After that Sales and Delivery will be more of a sheetshow.