Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser freezing to white screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X has had the browser freeze to a white screen about weekly since I have owned it. It has been to Tesla twice including right now for this and some other issues. My loaner car is a 2014 Model S and it has done the same thing! This must be a generic problem. You do the 2 scroll wheel reboot and the browser is fine for a few more days and then does it again!

I assume others must have this issue.

web access is useless in all gen 1 MCU's. Its part of the "elon doesnt care about your two year old car" program

Yes, the browser has been completely broken to the point of uselessness in MCU1 for nearly a year now. In fact, they broke it so badly that they had to rip the whole thing out and start over for MCU2.

I'm assuming that they will merge that working (Chromium) browser into the MCU1 firmware in version 10. If they don't — if version 10 is as broken as version 9 — then I think maybe it's time to start pursuing other means of compelling Tesla to fix this train wreck, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: S-Pain and am_dmd
Yes, the browser has been completely broken to the point of uselessness in MCU1 for nearly a year now. In fact, they broke it so badly that they had to rip the whole thing out and start over for MCU2.

I'm assuming that they will merge that working (Chromium) browser into the MCU1 firmware in version 10. If they don't — if version 10 is as broken as version 9 — then I think maybe it's time to start pursuing other means of compelling Tesla to fix this train wreck, if you know what I mean.
Tesla just doesnt care about existing customers