Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubble on the side of my tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed a tangerine sized bubble on the side of my rear tire. My 2018 Model S has less than 20k of mileage but I have a Tesla service appointment for next Tuesday.

Will Tesla replace the tire free of charge? Is it dangerous to drive with this bubble until Tuesday? Should I just cancel the appointment and buy a replacement tire right away?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

imo, bubble on sidewall becomes weakest point & highly likely to pop... I'd get a replacement... that's a blowout waiting to happen....I hit a pothole last month an blew both left sides on my S... doesn't take much, be safe.

I just noticed a tangerine sized bubble on the side of my rear tire. My 2018 Model S has less than 20k of mileage but I have a Tesla service appointment for next Tuesday.

Will Tesla replace the tire free of charge? Is it dangerous to drive with this bubble until Tuesday? Should I just cancel the appointment and buy a replacement tire right away?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Replace now and no the tyre will not be replaced free by Tesla. You may get a discount from a tyre shop.

Is it dangerous to drive with this bubble until Tuesday? Should I just cancel the appointment and buy a replacement tire right away?

You are definitely on borrowed time if you're still driving on a damaged sidewall. If the tire blows out before you replace it, you'll probably have a damaged rim as well.

I've had this happen twice, and both times it was from hitting a bad pothole.

Curious...does the tire look like this:
19164660-7525869-image-a-2_1569948143103.jpg