Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubbles/leaking glue MCU screen replacement question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is funny because mine just started after MCU replacement as well. Have you been able to fix it ?
I've seen others post that bubbles appeared after MCU work. Maybe its coincidental that bubble sealant and MCUs last a similar amount of time but I always wondered if the MCU work somehow disturbed the sealant and caused the bubbles. I'll never know as in the end we paid Tesla service to change the screen then we sold the car as it just wasn't getting used given Tesla greatly reducing the charging speed and lack of even basic AP.

I'm not under warranty and just did the EMMC recall and my IC started leaking...
Same here. There are a lot of similar posts. It makes me think they’re just swapping the entire MCU and screen during the recall rather than just swapping the eMMC. This can’t just be coincidence. I can guarantee I don’t have my original screen anymore. There’s nothing during that procedure that should make bubbles appear.

Edit; sorry I just realized it’s your IC leaking not touchscreen. Mine is touchscreen, right after recall.