Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bubbles on Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So some good came from making a stink, they cut it to $1200 so that covers the device cost. its somewhat frustrating that it went just after the warranty expired. Good news for others with newer vehilcle appears to be that the change from the MCU design to just a touch screen is also that they are less prone to this problem.

I got bubbles when my car was at service....just out of warranty. Is this a result of heat? I was thinking it was from the car wash when I saw it after getting my car back from service. My car is almost never in hot climates for long except when at service in San Rafael and I have never taken it to a car wash...only service does that
I am not sure they know why its happening (or at least not publically) but it does seem to be happening to those of use with models from the first couple of years. mine started showing the bubbles a few months ago, right after the 4 year warranty expired. Get it checked out as it wont be getting better and it will make a mess in the tray under the screen as more of the goo leaks out.

• Informative
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial