TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bug: battery graph & rated range disappeared from instrument panel display

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by MarcG, Sep 15, 2015.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

#1 MarcG, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Something strange happened while driving this afternoon. I looked down at the instrument panel display, and the battery graph & rated range (in miles) were gone from the center display area, under current speed:

IMG_1053.jpg

I then checked the main center 17" display and sure enough, the battery graph and rated miles remaining were updating properly:

IMG_1054.jpg

At some point during the same drive, I exceeded the speed limit + my 10 mph buffer, which displayed the speed limit symbol & numbers appropriately:

IMG_1056.jpg

And after dropping back down below the 60 mph speed limit +10, the battery graph and rated range came back:

IMG_1057.jpg

Has anyone else experienced this before?

2. cynix

cynix Member

#2 cynix, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Yep, had this happen a few days ago (v2.5.36). I think putting the car in Park then back to Drive again fixed it for me. Haven't seen it since.

3. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Forgot to mention that I'm on FW 6.2 version 2.5.46.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Might want to reboot the IP.

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Yes, even on my "classic" S85 I've seen stuff like that. Sometimes the odometer will show 0 Miles and the Temp will be --- F... other times stuff is just missing, although I've never seen the battery display go AWOL. A re-boot always restores everything to where it should be.