Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug in 10.5 (loss of TACC and AP/FSD)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nvx1977

Unknown Member
Nov 25, 2017
NH, MA
I just sent this email to fsdbeta.

At ~10:55am EST, I started a navigation back home and enabled FSD. Very shortly after, I got a message on screen that Autopilot reached the destination and the car slowed to a stop in the middle of the road. I was nowhere near home yet. I took an AP snapshot. I disengaged FSD beta and canceled navigation. Then I set nav to home again and started FSD. Very shortly after, I got the red hands/wheel alert to take over immediately. From that point on, I no longer saw the set speed and gray AP wheel. Both cruise and AP/FSD were unavailable.

I still had the FSD visualization, but notably the pathing line was missing. Every minute or so, I would see the pathing line on the left or right, on non-driveable space. See this photo:

2021-11-24 11.04.05.jpg

I did a 2-scrollwheel reset on the screen. Still glitched. I parked, got out of the car, got back in, still glitched. I "powered off" the car via the settings, then stepped on the brake to power back on. Still glitched.

I am currently waiting for the car to go to sleep to see if that resets things. That technique worked with the 10.3 glitch.

I just posted this in another thread. Except for the path finding dots being off to the side, the rest was similar: I’d set the navigation to home, it started out fine, but said I’d arrived and started freaking out.

Post in thread 'Driver Monitoring in 10.5'
Driver Monitoring in 10.5

Among the circumstantial differences, one was that I didn’t cancel navigation after it freaked out and the AP symbols disappeared. I just drove manually for a bit and the navigation rerouted as expected when I was driving manually and skipped the freeway entrance I was supposed to take.

I just sent this email to fsdbeta.

At ~10:55am EST, I started a navigation back home and enabled FSD. Very shortly after, I got a message on screen that Autopilot reached the destination and the car slowed to a stop in the middle of the road. I was nowhere near home yet. I took an AP snapshot. I disengaged FSD beta and canceled navigation. Then I set nav to home again and started FSD. Very shortly after, I got the red hands/wheel alert to take over immediately. From that point on, I no longer saw the set speed and gray AP wheel. Both cruise and AP/FSD were unavailable.

I still had the FSD visualization, but notably the pathing line was missing. Every minute or so, I would see the pathing line on the left or right, on non-driveable space. See this photo:

2021-11-24 11.04.05.jpg

I did a 2-scrollwheel reset on the screen. Still glitched. I parked, got out of the car, got back in, still glitched. I "powered off" the car via the settings, then stepped on the brake to power back on. Still glitched.

I am currently waiting for the car to go to sleep to see if that resets things. That technique worked with the 10.3 glitch.
That's very similar to my experience from this thread. In my case, though, it doesn't tell me I've arrived and then quit - it goes straight to freaking out and then quits. But, turning onto a different road off planned nav route resets everything and brings it back online.

The more I think about it,, the more I'm inclined to think it's some sort of bug with navigation. It's like something isn't gelling between the map/nav data and what FSD wants to do, so it just kills the whole system.

Reactions: nvx1977