TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bumper Cover Replacement Cost and Color Match

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by buddhra, Jun 21, 2018.

1. buddhra

buddhra Member

I just had my pearl white bumper cover replaced after a minor fender bender. After being told by both the service center and the authorized body shop that the bumper would need to be painted, the part arrived already painted from the factory AND the paint color is a much closer match than my previous bumper. I think the cover is a surprisingly great price at $330 already painted, but the body shop was a bit pricey at $550 to replace it. Had I known it was going to come pre-painted, I probably would have just done it myself, but now we know. See the video below for more details.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  2. SouthBayGuy

SouthBayGuy Member

That's a great price. I would have expected a cost of about $600 for painting alone. Nice to know the bumpers come pre-painted.

• Like x 1
  3. PrGrPa

PrGrPa Supporting Member

Good to know. I just waited 8 weeks to have the front fender and a couple of other parts of my Model S replaced after a ding. About 5-6 weeks of that was waiting on parts. The finish from a professional shop looks indistinguishable from the original. I do not know how much the repair cost yet but the hire of a modest ICE car for the duration was more than what you paid in total.

Something I relearned was: I am never going back to an ICE car. Filling up is tedious. And expensive. GBP60+ per tank

4. mekberg

mekberg Member

Install would have taken you 2-3 hours. $500 seems a bit steep.

• Like x 1
  5. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I would not count on that as I bet they were lucky. The two bumpers I have been involved with (one of which was a Tesla) did not come painted.

6. mswlogo

mswlogo Member

Interesting. There is a cool video of adding a hitch to model 3 that shows how to remove that bumper cover. It didn’t look that bad.

Wonder what the front bumper cover cost.