Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bunch of error codes just appeared app_w009, tas_a313, di_a222, di_a246, di_a223, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s the latest as of today may 6. They’ve had the car since mid April.

IMG_6227.jpeg

New expected repair date is May 13. I asked for an update to explain how I’m about to make a car payment on a vehicle I haven’t been able to drive more than a week and saw Tesla slash pricing and they said:

IMG_6226.jpeg

I immediately responded to ask if they had a newer loaner available but their service ghosted me and won’t pick up the phone.

i should have told them i was @bmah to actually get decent service.

I immediately responded to ask if they had a newer loaner available but their service ghosted me and won’t pick up the phone.

i should have told them i was @bmah to actually get decent service.

(lolcry)

I'm curious which service center this is?

And I agree with another poster that I couldn't get answers from a service center, I'd go in person if feasible.

Bruce.

(lolcry)

I'm curious which service center this is?

And I agree with another poster that I couldn't get answers from a service center, I'd go in person if feasible.

Bruce.

Dublin, CA. As much time as I waste on TMC, I don’t have a 90 minute chunk to drive down there and come back. I’d like to speak with them over the phone but they never answer.

Reactions: rpo
Dublin, CA. As much time as I waste on TMC, I don’t have a 90 minute chunk to drive down there and come back. I’d like to speak with them over the phone but they never answer.
They are the most unfun SC I've had the pleasure of dealing with. Was on a roadtrip, got the dreaded 12v battery warning. Sent a friend to pickup a battery, they wouldn't sell to him because he wasn't on the acct, didn't have the vin on hand, and couldn't get ahold of me.

Absolutely mind boggling over a ~90$, non restricted/no core, battery. 😵‍💫

That said... I wish you the best of luck.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Ugh… so we spoke with service today on this… wife asked Tesla what was the root cause of this type of error.

I dunno if teslas folks are too honest or too overworked… but the guy basically said “we think it’s a ground fault, should go away by itself.”

My wife was like “so the car will just randomly throw errors and tell you to pull over?” And he said “yes, this happens all the time to Teslas”.

Son of a……. Wife is like “it’s a brand new car!!! I’ve got two young kids and I can’t be pulling over on the freeway because of some ground fault.”

I think I’m ****ed. Bought a car that apparently inspires zero confidence because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ happens?

And of course it’s my fault we didn’t get an Escalade. *sugar* *sugar* *sugar*. Holeydonut = sucks.
That is NOT normal for a Tesla. Had mine for over 6 years and 97k miles and in Michigan winters and not once have I received any error of any major concern. If this persists, should ask for them to buy back.

They seriously engaged in a conversation with you on how old their loaners are based on the president that was in office when the car was made? Lol.

Haha, better question is... if you bought a 2023 Tesla Model X and the loaner they gave you stunk like a gym locker and was built during the Obama administration, would you care? 🤔

BTW I don't think he's being serious. The guy responding in this text chain today isn't the same one that responded to me last Friday. I think this guy today is pretty cool and you can tell he's playing along because why not. I do legit think he was surprised to learn the demo unit was so old.

That "gym locker" smell *could* be intentional - I brought mine in for minor service recently and when I got it back it smelled like urinal cakes. Likely they doused it with some disinfectant. Took almost 2 weeks to get the smell out.

I just assume if they're doing that at one service center, they're doing it at all of them. 🤷

That "gym locker" smell *could* be intentional - I brought mine in for minor service recently and when I got it back it smelled like urinal cakes. Likely they doused it with some disinfectant. Took almost 2 weeks to get the smell out.

I just assume if they're doing that at one service center, they're doing it at all of them. 🤷
That’s what enterprise rental cars smell like now to me. Yuck.

Nah I know what smell you’re talking about. My wife’s Perf-3 has a white interior and I stained it (whoops). She took it into get it looked at and they used a wicked-vinegar-smelling solvent to try and clean the seat. It stunk up her car for 2 weeks and she was so pissed lol. I had to buy a new white rear seat. Sad.

Sweaty Obama-era-swamp-ass-BO smells much worse than the disinfectant or cleaner that Tesla uses.

Edit, man I miss the one day I actually had these cars. And 3 Powerwalls! This basically makes me @bmah right???? Where’s the service??

IMG_6074.jpeg

Haha, better question is... if you bought a 2023 Tesla Model X and the loaner they gave you stunk like a gym locker and was built during the Obama administration, would you care? 🤔

BTW I don't think he's being serious. The guy responding in this text chain today isn't the same one that responded to me last Friday. I think this guy today is pretty cool and you can tell he's playing along because why not. I do legit think he was surprised to learn the demo unit was so old.
Lol. I’d make them buy back the car or give me a new one. Have you explored that option?

Lol. I’d make them buy back the car or give me a new one. Have you explored that option?

Gonna explore all options. But yeah these myriad error codes coupled with the amount of seam sealer they used on the rear hatch are no bueno.

BTW, I'm cross-posting some thoughts here.

Good news, Tesla is going to buy back the car. Shortest tenure ownership of a Model X in the history of TMC. I got 350 miles on it and enjoyed washing it one time yay. BTW, the Ultra Red Model X was pretty good for those 350 miles.

It's too bad Tesla couldn't actually get a good vehicle in my hands to keep it. I may be the dumbest MF-er on TMC, but there's no goddamn way in hell I'm getting another Model X. I ain't that dumb heh.

RIP the almost dream Tesla garage... Two red Teslas with black rims + 3x Powerwalls and two Gen 3 Wall Connectors.

Crap I forgot the president years overlap because of the inauguration is in the year after the election.

A Dec 2017 build is a Trump era build. Eeeek.

Yes this is why I’m the dumbest MF-er on TMC.

Now you have to open a service request *just* to apologize for getting your Donald Trump dates off. Be sure to post a screenshot of that, too. 🤪

@rpo

As discussed... this is the thread where a bunch of mystery error codes appeared on our 2023 Model X. Eventually the vehicle just shut down and had to be soft-booted.

Tesla's Dublin, CA service advisors and service managers said the codes were just a 'firmware glitch' and not something to really worry about. This is similar to what you have been told by Tesla's representatives. They said the car was safe even if it shut down since such things could happen to all Teslas. They believed if the firmware glitch occurred again, we should bring the car back in (assuming the car didn't crash).

The service advisors, service manager, and GM all believe the vehicle would be safe to operate regardless of error messages indicating otherwise. If a buyer cares about these types of errors (and the buyer wants a car that reliably stays operational at speed), Tesla is not be the right brand for them. From what I understand, Teslas apparently have firmware glitches all the time.

Sorry to open an older thread back up.

No idea if OP got his buy back. I would love to know more about how he got from those cornucopia of akarm codes to buy back.

However, today with my January delivered MSP with just over 500 miles I received identical error codes as compared to the OP.

I opened a support case and I requested a remote log review. I am unsure if the vehicle needs to take a flat bed to the SC 60 miles away or can be trusted and isn't contributing to additional damage.

Remote support asked for a timestamp. No comments if the prudent move was to get off the road or what.

Then I got a $8,569 estimate. WTH?!?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312_135453_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_135453_Tesla.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240312_195213.jpg
    20240312_195213.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240312_195236.jpg
    20240312_195236.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 12