Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bunch of New Tesla Y inventory show up this morning!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checking my delivery date to see any changes. The Tesla website has quite a few Model Y in existing inventory this morning. However, they all have FSD in the price. Can you just buy those inventory without FSD? BTW, my delivery date jump from Dec 1 to 11/8-11/20. Christmas might come early this year.

Just checking my delivery date to see any changes. The Tesla website has quite a few Model Y in existing inventory this morning. However, they all have FSD in the price. Can you just buy those inventory without FSD? BTW, my delivery date jump from Dec 1 to 11/8-11/20. Christmas might come early this year.
Probably not. This is their end of quarter push and they want to wring out every cent they can.

I expect they should be able to sell every single vehicle in inventory based on demand. If that is not the case, and the vehicles are sitting around on the 30th, they may be willing to negotiate.

Probably not. This is their end of quarter push and they want to wring out every cent they can.

I expect they should be able to sell every single vehicle in inventory based on demand. If that is not the case, and the vehicles are sitting around on the 30th, they may be willing to negotiate.
If they are NEW or DEMO vehicles, FSD can be removed prior to delivery. I chatted with a Tesla rep online after ordering. There's a button that shows up in your account to remove it.

I found my specs locally, and put in an order for one of the demo/test drive models. One thing the SA told me is that because these are demos, there may be some cosmetic damage that will not be addressed - the car is being sold "as is" in terms of non-warranty issues. He sent me photos of the car, and there is a bit of curb rash on the induction wheels - not enough to dissuade me - but otherwise appears pristine.

However, A Reddit user (on a thread on the same topic of the demo drop) told me that his experience was the opposite - that he was able to get cosmetic issues resolved under warranty even though he was buying a demo model.

Does anyone here have experience and know if my SA is correct or not? This wouldn't be the first time he's told me things that other owners have contradicted.