TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Buy a Model S or X, get a free Early Access Token for Solar Roof

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by kaypay, Aug 28, 2017.

1. kaypay

kaypay Member

For those who aren't familiar with the Tesla referral program, one of the prizes that Tesla offers for a referral is an Early Access Token for Solar Roof. While I think the Solar Roof is pretty cool, I just don't need a new roof and am happy to give the token to someone who uses my referral link to buy an S or an X. At least this way someone will get to use it.

If you are interested, send me a PM. Also, happy to answer any questions or share my thoughts on the car.

Oh, and obviously you also get $1000 off on the S or X and free unlimited supercharging. Almost forgot that part. :D

2. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Already bought an S and put down a deposit on the solar roof day one... not heard a peep. I'm not sure I can get the roof as it's 35 grand for my measly thousand square foot roof and it'll take like 16 to 19 years to pay it off and electricity. I was really hoping it was like Musk said and would be cheaper than a new roof. I do need a new roof but a new roof of architectural asphalt shingles is only like 5 grand. ???

3. kaypay

kaypay Member

I've read on other forums Tesla seems to be slow on the communication. But hey, if you have the token at least you will be in the front of the line.

4. Musterion

Musterion 18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″

How about moving your solicitations to Marketplace where similar referral code selling is going on (and being debated)?

• Like x 4
  5. kaypay

kaypay Member

Sorry. Didn't think this was really an offer for selling anything. Is there really a better thread in Marketplace for something like this?

I don't get anything out of this and was just trying to help someone who might want the token (and a car) and figured the Energy forum was a place where that someone might be.

The only referral that I have is from myself ordering a second car to replace the one I just sold so it's not like I have been working the referrals and doubt I will be getting any more. I think the whole business of prizes for referrals (particularly these prizes) is a mistake on Tesla's part. Most of the prizes are rather expensive yet only useful to a small percentage of owners (i.e. owners with kids (toy car), owners wanting solar (roof token, powerwall), or owners who don't drive their car many miles (oversize wheels)). If they want to give prizes, they should be more general purpose (like luggage as they did in the past). And having the prizes be rather expensive means anyone offering a referral code is assumed to be schilling for their own benefit.

6. Musterion

Musterion 18h 03m 37s −24° 23′ 12″