Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Buy a Model S or X, get a free Early Access Token for Solar Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who aren't familiar with the Tesla referral program, one of the prizes that Tesla offers for a referral is an Early Access Token for Solar Roof. While I think the Solar Roof is pretty cool, I just don't need a new roof and am happy to give the token to someone who uses my referral link to buy an S or an X. At least this way someone will get to use it.

If you are interested, send me a PM. Also, happy to answer any questions or share my thoughts on the car.

Oh, and obviously you also get $1000 off on the S or X and free unlimited supercharging. Almost forgot that part. :D

For those who aren't familiar with the Tesla referral program, one of the prizes that Tesla offers for a referral is an Early Access Token for Solar Roof. While I think the Solar Roof is pretty cool, I just don't need a new roof and am happy to give the token to someone who uses my referral link to buy an S or an X. At least this way someone will get to use it.

If you are interested, send me a PM. Also, happy to answer any questions or share my thoughts on the car.
Already bought an S and put down a deposit on the solar roof day one... not heard a peep. I'm not sure I can get the roof as it's 35 grand for my measly thousand square foot roof and it'll take like 16 to 19 years to pay it off and electricity. I was really hoping it was like Musk said and would be cheaper than a new roof. I do need a new roof but a new roof of architectural asphalt shingles is only like 5 grand. ???

Sorry. Didn't think this was really an offer for selling anything. Is there really a better thread in Marketplace for something like this?

I don't get anything out of this and was just trying to help someone who might want the token (and a car) and figured the Energy forum was a place where that someone might be.

The only referral that I have is from myself ordering a second car to replace the one I just sold so it's not like I have been working the referrals and doubt I will be getting any more. I think the whole business of prizes for referrals (particularly these prizes) is a mistake on Tesla's part. Most of the prizes are rather expensive yet only useful to a small percentage of owners (i.e. owners with kids (toy car), owners wanting solar (roof token, powerwall), or owners who don't drive their car many miles (oversize wheels)). If they want to give prizes, they should be more general purpose (like luggage as they did in the past). And having the prizes be rather expensive means anyone offering a referral code is assumed to be schilling for their own benefit.