Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Buying a ‘23 MY Standard Range - Please educate me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, update from my side, pulled the trigger on an MYAWD 20" inventory which was at the service center. Swapping the wheels with a friend for 1600. I am going to poke him more to get the max out. delivery confirmed for tomorrow. the price was 1k higher showing on the web but they honored my order price plus 2k for the wheels. everything was initially done on the email with my local SA. was quickly updated in the app as soon I confirmed with them. Went to the SC and verified everything. initially, they said Monday delivery, I requested for tomorrow and later got a msg saying express delivery 15 mins for tomorrow. the vin is 73XXX I saw lots of Ys there for delivery in all colors with 19 and 20" wheels. I didn't see any of the Fremont ones all where Austin. PA series The furthest I noticed the Vin was 83XXX. Not sure if these are AWD or LR.
Congrats! Are you able to compare ride quality between MYLR and your MYAWD? Do you feel the difference that greencoffee mentioned?

I cancelled my ordered MYLR on 2/3 for a MYAWD that was "coming soon" with a VIN. It was my impression that pick up would be in 10-14 days after I switched orders on 2/3. Fast forward to yesterday - my 510 peep tracked the VIN and said that that vehicle was *STILL* in "pre-production" and no further information was available. This is after 4 weeks of an existing VIN being in "pre-production". So, I said that that was totally weird and unacceptable and asked if there was an "orphan" MY available perhaps. (I didn't want a rejected MY still on the premises.) Turns out that a MYLR was on the lot in Austin ready to be shipped without an "owner" and that I could switch to that one if I wanted to. Since the LR was exactly the same as the one I ordered back in January, I took it. Notwithstanding the range, there are many advantages that the 4680 AWD brings to the table but I'm not disappointed that I'll be driving a LR with (a purported) 330 miles of range. Maybe the 4680's will turn out to be terrific but maybe they won't.

Very intriguing that they pulled those 300+ MYAWD off of the coming soon list.
Only 3 MYAWD across entire US. Two already built and one planned to be built.
If you use WFT you can click on details of each car and go to the DATE tab to see ETA to final destination for ones that are actually built.

Hopefully the reason for them pulling those 300 cars is that they are actually using those build dates to catch up with the delayed 19" early Feb orders. Fingers crossed for all of you waiting for those 19" early Feb cars.

Very intriguing that they pulled those 300+ MYAWD off of the coming soon list.
Only 3 MYAWD across entire US. Two already built and one planned to be built.
If you use WFT you can click on details of each car and go to the DATE tab to see ETA to final destination for ones that are actually built.

Hopefully the reason for them pulling those 300 cars is that they are actually using those build dates to catch up with the delayed 19" early Feb orders. Fingers crossed for all of you waiting for those 19" early Feb cars.
The WFT dates for my first order had a built date of 2/16 still in pre-production as per Tesla. The 2nd order built date was 2/27 and ETA 3/4 as per WTF . But when I sent the link to SA they confirmed that the built date is 2/19 and the car already in SC. I am taking the delivery today. For me WTF has not worked with the dates but I did see in this forum some people having luck ordering using those dates.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Wife says she would rather have a 3 so that’s what we got. Found one listed as in inventory in Raleigh. With vin. March 18-27. We will be a two 3 family.

Even better. 6 hours later I found a 2023 demo model in the same config for a nice fat discount. Nabbed it and pickup is on Monday. This is a M3 not the original intent MY but it works for her. Good luck everyone.

• Love
Reactions: Alex425
So frustrated. I saw yesterday that all the model y AWD were removed from the existing inventory list. When I went on my phone this morning it refreshed the inventory list and I saw a MYAWD in the exact configuration listed in the same Tesla location I am supposed to pick up delivery that is NOT in production. (Although it was being sold for $53,990 and I ordered it at $50,990).
I texted and called immediately to inquire about it. But of course in those 13 minutes the car was gone. So essentially someone could have woken up this morning and got the car fairly immediately while I have been waiting since last month:(
There were about 4 MYAWD in inventory not in production but ready - but with different configurations. There is only 1 left now. The SA on the phone said my original order is still in production in Austin. Unbelievable.
In one sense, I can wait for a car, I am just in a hurry due to the tax credits.
I truly dislike the lack of transparency.
OD 2/10
EDD 2/21-3/21
EDD on 2/27 changed to TBD
Bay Area, CA

Reactions: James2023y
Where is your location?
I'm in Raleigh east coast
In case people misunderstood what I wrote earlier. My EDD changed to TBD this morning... This is going backward... lol
Looks like the general trend is delivery within 2 weeks from the manufacture date. So for those of us still waiting from Feb, we got 'til 3/17'ish and barely make the delivery by end of March...