Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a CPO Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I want to buy a cpo model x, any battery size. However, I need autopilot and white seats. There are very few if any cpo model x vehicles on Tesla’s site. Do you think that more will pop up soon, and what kind of prices should I expect for say a 75d.

-Daniel

I just purchased a 2017 Xp100d CPO for $50,000 off sticker. Strange part is the sticker was $171,000!! It has 12000 miles on it. I still get the $7500.00 tax credit also. I sure hope this is as good of a deal as it seems

That was the offer! I totaled my p85d 2 years ago and have been trying to tell myself I don’t need another Tesla! Just sold my model 3 and part of the deal was I wanted to drive it first. Once I did that I had the darn Tesla bug again

Do NOT BUY MY LEMON Model X 90D. VIN: 005674.
This car has almost countless manufacturing defects. Doors needed to be adjust many times, including new motors. I added 1/4inch weatherstripping to stop abundant airflow around them (noise and cold came in, couldn't keep car warm in winter). Now the windshield wipers are stuck in the 'up' position, refusing to go down. Driver's seat is now being replaced for unclear reasons, but cold NJ winters have had NO HEAT IN SEAT! Key fob died totally. Once the car just stopped working when parked at office. Tesla sent a flatbed for it. It's been 18 months and Tesla is close to 'making a deal' to replace this lemon, but has really refused to refund the deposit paid on the lease. Whatever deal may include a non-disclosure agreement, not in force as of today, so here is my recommendation:
DO NOT BUY LEMON MODEL X 90D: VIN 005674.

Do NOT BUY MY LEMON Model X 90D. VIN: 005674.
This car has almost countless manufacturing defects. Doors needed to be adjust many times, including new motors. I added 1/4inch weatherstripping to stop abundant airflow around them (noise and cold came in, couldn't keep car warm in winter). Now the windshield wipers are stuck in the 'up' position, refusing to go down. Driver's seat is now being replaced for unclear reasons, but cold NJ winters have had NO HEAT IN SEAT! Key fob died totally. Once the car just stopped working when parked at office. Tesla sent a flatbed for it. It's been 18 months and Tesla is close to 'making a deal' to replace this lemon, but has really refused to refund the deposit paid on the lease. Whatever deal may include a non-disclosure agreement, not in force as of today, so here is my recommendation:
DO NOT BUY LEMON MODEL X 90D: VIN 005674.

Really great advice! Tesla sells its Lemons via CPO and doesn’t notify the purchaser that there were any issues. THIS IS WRONG!! Be careful with CPO my Tesla friends. You are much better off purchasing a new Tesla regardless of the discount. Imagine paying over $100k for a CPO Tesla and later finding out that it was a Lemon in a different state. Nothing on CarFax, only positive checkbox details in the CPO report.....

In most of Europe you can reject cars early. I'm the UK for example you can reject in the first 30 days. Full refund or replacement car is the only option for Tesla.

This applies to CPO as well as new. I think at this point if I had even one minor fault I'd seriously consider asking for a new car. The fault can be extremely minor, like poor paintwork, and you can still reject.

Really great advice! Tesla sells its Lemons via CPO and doesn’t notify the purchaser that there were any issues. THIS IS WRONG!! Be careful with CPO my Tesla friends.

I don't see this car currently, or ever being listed as a CPO.

. You are much better off purchasing a new Tesla regardless of the discount.

This is just not true. Tens of thousands of people have bought CPOs from Tesla and are very satisfied. Please do not spread FUD.

Reactions: FarmerDave

An open lawsuit doesn't mean it's true. In fact, Tesla denies all such accusations.

“There’s no merit to this lawsuit. Mr. Williams’ description of how Tesla sells used or loaner vehicles is totally false and not how we do things at Tesla,” a representative for the company said in response to the lawsuit.

So it's just he-said/she-said.