Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a Plaid upgrading from a P100D Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started with a P85D, did the upgrade on the fuse, then went to a P100D and now I am going to get a plaid. I took one home for the night but really did not get to drive it; it had the yolk (not a fan) I could not take her out because I was just too busy. What are your thoughts on the difference? Is there one? I will say the brief period I drove one it was more reactive than my P100D even tight. It is going to take some adjustment since it is a totally different car.

Reactions: byeLT4 and Evee
Just made the move myself. Went used (just like the P100D) and I'm in love with the car but there are some things that I miss already. The free supercharging I now think I underrated. My first paid for 'fill-up' was nearly 30 bucks at the supercharger (dealer said they'd compensate me similar to buying a car with a full tank). I always calculated it with my home cost, about 10 bucks, so I was saving much more in hindsight. No more sunroof 😭 The UHF system really holds its own against the new 960 watt stereo, I even think it was a bit louder/cleaner to be honest. Personally I like the black trim, I think the car looks more aggressive. The car charges wayyy faster, especially at 250kW chargers. The car itself is wayyyy faster, obviously. Car to car I gained 50 miles of range, and my P100D had 19s vs the Plaids 21s. The vented seats are nice. I did get the dreaded 21" tire problem with uneven inside wear, dealer says they will pay for rear tires. If I can think of or come across anything else, I'll post up!!

Yeah, I am going to stick with 19"s. A buddy of mine has 21's and he almost needs a second job just for tires.
I have both 19 and 21 oem setups, and honestly the car accelerates faster and is significantly more efficient with the 19". The 21" are good for cosmetics and that's about it. The 19" are a smidgen more floaty feeling, but nothing major when you consider the tires are less than half price and you get about 40 miles more range per charge + 1-2 tenths faster on the 1/4, and cruising is more comfy.

Reactions: Maaz
I've been tempted, but really enjoy my free supercharging all out of proportion to the $ saved. Also not a fan of the black trim and wheels.
Same on the charging. Both my P100D and my wife's MX extra long range have free unlimited supercharging. I estimate we are saving $5k/year easily on charging (Tesla app validates this), and as a bonus we are not being typical consumers. But hey I also rock an iPhone 11 Pro and try not to buy new electronics and pile up the e waste ;-)

Same on the charging. Both my P100D and my wife's MX extra long range have free unlimited supercharging. I estimate we are saving $5k/year easily on charging (Tesla app validates this), and as a bonus we are not being typical consumers. But hey I also rock an iPhone 11 Pro and try not to buy new electronics and pile up the e waste ;-)
DO NOT give up free supercharging.