Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

buying from "other europe" or from my country

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Did anyone tryed to buy from the "other europe" instead of their own contry?
I see that the price is around 20k..30k cheaper than compared to Finland where I live. I was wondering if i can instead buy the car from like that.
I also have an address in Portugal which doesn't have any tesla store so maybe i could justify the purchase like that?

João

I ordered an 85D back in April with the intention of exporting to the UAE. A few days before delivery Tesla told me that I would have to pay Dutch VAT and gave me a link to get the refund. When I contacted the Dutch government for the necessary tax registration they told me that I would not get my money back this way, so I approached Tesla and ended up not being able to take delivery. In your case, if you are ordering for Portugal and you are able to demonstrate that you have paid the taxes the procedure may be different.

I ended up ordering from Norway and exporting to the UAE from there.

Terve Jonas,
I also live in Finland and have explored the options of buying from a different country and exporting to Finland. After a few calls to Tulli it is totally possible to do it, but at a cost. Its a certain percentage of the Car's worth IN FINLAND, not what you paid for it.
Much much easier to bring the car with you if you move from Norway to Finland, then there is much less costs.

If you want a fellow friend to chat Tesla with, we could get coffee!

T.Gabriel

So whatever the car price is in NL you still need to add the VAT?
Norway has a really good price too, but im not sure how can i buy from there and bring the car to Finland.

Norway was by far the best option price wise. I bought the car in the name of a Norwegian friend, got a NOK 10000 referral discount, and immediately transferred ownership into my name after delivery. I was able to drive the car in Europe too.

Terve Jonas,
I also live in Finland and have explored the options of buying from a different country and exporting to Finland. After a few calls to Tulli it is totally possible to do it, but at a cost. Its a certain percentage of the Car's worth IN FINLAND, not what you paid for it.
Much much easier to bring the car with you if you move from Norway to Finland, then there is much less costs.

If you want a fellow friend to chat Tesla with, we could get coffee!

T.Gabriel

Thanks for the info. Regarding the coffee why not?

- - - Updated - - -

Norway was by far the best option price wise. I bought the car in the name of a Norwegian friend, got a NOK 10000 referral discount, and immediately transferred ownership into my name after delivery. I was able to drive the car in Europe too.

I had similar plan. Or to buy a used one over there.

Still no idea why the other europe shop shows a very cheap price, my thought is that you must add tax to that price of the country where you are bringing yhe car to.