Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying used - how to setup me as owner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
The 14th I'm planning to acquire a used S85. (So freaking excited)!!!!!

Anyone bought a used one? How do I tell the car I'm the new owner?

link it to my iPhone?

anything to look out for buying used? It's got 15,000 miles but still well under the 4 year 50k warranty.

Thanks for any help!

The 14th I'm planning to acquire a used S85. (So freaking excited)!!!!!

Anyone bought a used one? How do I tell the car I'm the new owner?

link it to my iPhone?

anything to look out for buying used? It's got 15,000 miles but still well under the 4 year 50k warranty.

Thanks for any help!

Welcome!

I'm not sure how this is done but I assume it's through Tesla Service. I'd give them a call and ask -- 844 248-3752.

I just did this process with Denarius' P85+ that I now own. Really pretty simple.

1. Setup an myTesla account here https://my.teslamotors.com/user/login

2. When you register the car (temporary or permanent) send the following information to [email protected]
· Color copy or photo of your current driver’s license
· Copy or photo of the vehicle registration or title (Temporary registration is ok)
· Phone number
· Email address
· Verify home or mailing address

3. Give them a day or two and you will be connected to the car on the mobile app.

4. Enjoy an awesome driving experience for years to come.

See you are in PA -- where about? Are you headed East or West to get the car? Simply ask because if you're getting the car from west of me, but live in PA east of me, you may be passing through Cleveland. If so, you'll be supercharging not far from me! Congrats on the new (pending purchase) vehicle!