Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying used Tesla process through Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont think its a great plan to schedule the installation of the HPWC before you actually receive it. Tesla is fairly horrific at shipping things from its online store, and you run the very real risk of scheduling the installation and not having the HPWC, unless you have a verified tracking number from them that has actually left the factory.
May be it's just to have an estimate?
I got three quotes, and finaly I installed everything myself.
The estimate were basically 90% labor cost, so I saved quite some money.

So I actually got my Model 3 Saturday. The experience was good. I placed the order online for Model 3 on Oct 23 from the Tesla website and was driving away from the tesla dealership on Oct 27 afternoon. I live in VA and the car was at the dealership in NJ so to avoid the $2000 delivery ( also to have a little trip with the wife) we decided to just go pick it up and drive in back down. They informed us that the car was indeed just a demo car with no previous real owner. If I was talking to the rep and doing paperwork the wife just looking it over and we saw no scratches, dents whatever...perfect. We drove the car back to VA with no issue at all so I'm happy to say it's a perfect new...or almost like new, car in my eyes. I enjoy the heck out of driving it. Thanks for all the info you guys provided here. The charger will be installed in the garage in two days so I may drive it once or twice before then. Currently, there is no Supercharger in my close proximity.

Reactions: Dr. J
It's been 3 weeks since I paid my deposit on a CPO car in the UK. I believe I know where the car is located and the communication I have had with the initial contact staff has been fine. In fact, I believe they really care about getting me and the car together! But how can it take so long to raise an invoice and process a bit of paperwork? And why does the buyer and Tesla first line staff have to wait in complete ignorance of what is actually happening? How are you supposed to plan insurance and payment with no idea what's going on and not even a target date or knowing who is reponsible for the next action.

The worst feeling is that you are buying into this culture. Even when they can get your cash sooner by just getting a move on, they don't. What chance is there of getting any kind of urgency or sympathy if ever I need warranty work doing? And even worse 3 or 4 years after I paid for the car.....

I'm getting that 'time to back out while I still can' feeling.