TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Buzzing/Vibration with climate system?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jat255, Jul 17, 2018.

1. jat255

jat255 Member

Just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this or if it's normal.

The past couple of days, I've noticed a buzzing or vibrating feeling in the footwell and the steering wheel that is definitely related to the climate system (it goes away if I turn everything off). You can hear it audibly as a slight buzz as well. I don't notice it when driving, but it's very noticeable when just sitting in the car.

I realize that the A/C has fans and moving parts and such, and that there's less noise than in an ICE vehicle, but I didn't notice this at all in the first week or so I had the car (and it was hotter then). Something worth talking to service about?