TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Bye Bye Obeche, we hardly knew 'ya

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by George Jetson, Dec 17, 2016.

1. George Jetson

George Jetson Member

I'm so glad I ordered my matte Obeche Wood trim when I did.

Both Obeche Wood options (glossy and matte) are now history. The only three choices remaining are dark Ash (standard); Figured Ash (+$750); or, Carbon Fibre (+$1k).

• Disagree x 1
  2. Gig103

Gig103 Member

That's a shame. I have glossy and love it. I am also glad I was able to get the older blue paint.

3. HebrHmr

HebrHmr Member

That surprises me but I'm biased. Are both ash glossy? I can't imagine them not offering a matte version of something.

4. George Jetson

George Jetson Member

I'm fairly sure both of the wood decor are glossy. The carbon fibre is the closest to a matte choice.

5. napabill

napabill Active Member

The Figured Ash in my MX is matte.

• Helpful x 1
  6. HebrHmr

HebrHmr Member

At least there's still a matte option. It clearly wasn't popular if they got rid of it and this isn't just a temporary supply shortage. I just can't imagine them only offering a few options. Hopefully it's replaced with something else soon.

7. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Yet another treasured part of my configuration made unavailable. I hope they come up with nice replacements before I get to buying a fully autonomous upgrade car (AP3?) in a couple (few? several?) years...

8. Tes Pride

Tes Pride Member

Looking for an AI vector file of the Dark ash and the
    Standard ash. Please help.