Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone getting their stickers with just the new 2019 printed temp tag info? I see cars with red and purple stickers but temp tags on. I tried to get my hov stickers before my plate was issued and they sent back my app and check.

Anyone getting their stickers with just the new 2019 printed temp tag info? I see cars with red and purple stickers but temp tags on. I tried to get my hov stickers before my plate was issued and they sent back my app and check.

I also noticed this. I saw a Model S at a supercharger with a red sticker and a new temp plate.

And to cl
to clarify, when it didn’t work for me; it was in 2018 with the red stickers and no new temp paper plates.

It worked in 2018 too. As long as the car title has transferred from Tesla name to your name by the time the DMV processes your application they can look up your plate in the system.

I have mailed in applications before with just the VIN and still got the sticker. However I have had once instance where the DMV sent my application back saying the car is not registered to me yet and I need to wait till the title is transferred before applying. I looked at the letter date stamp and my registration and they were dated the same day. So in that instance I missed it by a few hours. The specisl processing department ppl must have processed my sticker in the morning and then registration processed my title transfer a few hours after. That cost me another three weeks of waiting.

So you can but time it correctly. Wait at least a week after you get your car before applying. Give them a head start in registration.

In my above instance I mailed it one day after taking deliver of the EV.

For the record I have applied for 5 EV stickers out of 6 EVs. One of them the dealer applied for me.
Fiat 500e
VW e-Golf
Chevy Bolt
Tesla Model 3
Toyota Prius Prime (dealer applied)
Toyota Prius Prime

• Informative
Reactions: SJC3