Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found the maker thread of the Clean-Cling product.. It is a temporary solution (you need to re-apply it every time).. I'm more looking for a permanent solution.. So PPF it is..

But thanks for posting it, it is an interesting product..

Now.. can you apply PPF on bumper? I think the bumper has enough space for the sticker, but not sure if PPF can come out clean from plastic in the future..

Found the maker thread of the Clean-Cling product.. It is a temporary solution (you need to re-apply it every time).. I'm more looking for a permanent solution.. So PPF it is..

But thanks for posting it, it is an interesting product..

Now.. can you apply PPF on bumper? I think the bumper has enough space for the sticker, but not sure if PPF can come out clean from plastic in the future..
That's exactly what PPF was created to do. I must be missing something. Are you wanting to apply it to the bare plastic part of the bumper or the painted portion?

Thanks both for the link.

@Glamisduner, how long does it take for the shipping? Do you think the quality is better than 3M?
I don't think any quality differences will matter for the stickers. For me shipping from XPEL (order to delivery) was 6 days.

That's exactly what PPF was created to do. I must be missing something. Are you wanting to apply it to the bare plastic part of the bumper or the painted portion?

I don't think any quality differences will matter for the stickers. For me shipping from XPEL (order to delivery) was 6 days.

Not sure what is intent is but I use the Clean Cling stuff and never have to remove it....it stays on even in the rain....love it!!

The shop that installed my PPF was happy to give me a scrap of PPF for free, more than big enough to handle the stickers. Ther offered that I could come back and they'd apply for me at no charge too, but I didn't want to hassle them that much, and it's super easy to apply with the PPF. I bet most shops will give you a scrap if you ask nicely.

And oh my God, it's saving me 30+ minutes a day minimum to have these things finally.

IMG_0226.jpg

Reactions: FlyErik
I bought the clean-cling solution cause south county san diego
doesn't have HOV lanes, so I only put 'em on when I drive north,
and don't have to cringe when looking at car!

Rant mode on.

Stupid politicians and Metro decided to only give discounts on certain freeways in LA with the use of Carpool Sticker and no longer valid on certain freeways.

You will be cited by CHP if you don’t have the correct number of people in your vehicle.

I really blame everyone in LA for electing the policitians in office. Yay for LA.

Rant mode on.

Stupid politicians and Metro decided to only give discounts on certain freeways in LA with the use of Carpool Sticker and no longer valid on certain freeways.

You will be cited by CHP if you don’t have the correct number of people in your vehicle.

I really blame everyone in LA for electing the policitians in office. Yay for LA.

I was really only referring to north county san diego!
I make 1-2 trips to leucadi/escondido per month.

I rarely drive to LA, I gave up on the 405 over 10 years ago!

I was really only referring to north county san diego!
I make 1-2 trips to leucadi/escondido per month.

I rarely drive to LA, I gave up on the 405 over 10 years ago!

San Diego and Japan(based on my experience) have the best roads/infrastructure.

In SD, i read this article on how when they originally Masterplanned the city, they literally built the city around the roads and not vise versa.

Mailed 1/4, Cashed 2/11, still not arrived 3/8. Has anyone who mailed early January still not received their decals?
Any suggestions on how to get in touch with their office? The one time I called, I gave up after 45 minutes on hold.

Mailed 1/4, Cashed 2/11, still not arrived 3/8. Has anyone who mailed early January still not received their decals?
Any suggestions on how to get in touch with their office? The one time I called, I gave up after 45 minutes on hold.
To be honest calling doesn't help. They just tell you to send in another application and check the box "never received decal".