Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys worry about people stealing the stickers when using magnets or even the PPF fillm for the carpool stickers?
We should be getting ours this week and we're probably going to use the PPF Film but a little worried.

Do you guys worry about people stealing the stickers when using magnets or even the PPF fillm for the carpool stickers?
We should be getting ours this week and we're probably going to use the PPF Film but a little worried.

I had the HOV stickers on PPF on top of a bumper that had PPF. It's harder to remove than I thought it would be. My HOV stickers are now on Clean-Cling. Since I don't need them all the time anymore (retired), I just remove them when I reach my destination and reapply when needed.

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
Has anyone tried submitting these forms in person at the dmv? I mailed mine in but got it returned due to a conflict with my car's registration address and my mailing address listed with DMV. Instead of sending it out via snail mail again, I just set up an appointment for the 19th to submit these in person.

Has anyone tried submitting these forms in person at the dmv? I mailed mine in but got it returned due to a conflict with my car's registration address and my mailing address listed with DMV. Instead of sending it out via snail mail again, I just set up an appointment for the 19th to submit these in person.
They do not distribute these at the DMV offices. They will tell you to mail it in.

Is it worth getting the stickers now or wait until Jan 2020? So we get additional 6-8 month ish.

If DMV does not issue a different color sticker in 2020, the existing purple CAV decal will still expire on 1/1/2023.

2019 was the first time a different CAV decal was released in a consecutive year. Check out the link below:
Clean Air Vehicle Decals - High Occupancy Vehicle Lane Usage

Our Nissan Leaf had the White CAV decal and I think DMV extended the expiration date at one point until 1/1/2019.

Where can I get this from?

Some steps but easy to do, involves cutting and pasting materials together.

1. Applied the PPF to car.
2. Applied magnet sheet over PPF.
3. Covered magnet sheet that is over PPF with Black Vinyl sheet onto car.

4. Applied CAV HOV decal to Magnet sheet.

5. Stick/Remove CAV HOV decal/magnet as needed.

I got the materials here:

PPF:

Tesla California 2019 HOV Stickers Protection Film

Magnet Sheet:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYGOXU2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_ZM3dDb7J04KSF

Vinyl Sheet:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FXY7W9U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_TO3dDb6KJGHK3

20190419_194214.jpg
20190414_184440.jpg

Some steps but easy to do, involves cutting and pasting materials together.

1. Applied the PPF to car.
2. Applied magnet sheet over PPF.
3. Covered magnet sheet that is over PPF with Black Vinyl sheet onto car.

4. Applied CAV HOV decal to Magnet sheet.

5. Stick/Remove CAV HOV decal/magnet as needed.

I got the materials here:

PPF:

Tesla California 2019 HOV Stickers Protection Film

Magnet Sheet:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYGOXU2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_ZM3dDb7J04KSF

Vinyl Sheet:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FXY7W9U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_TO3dDb6KJGHK3

View attachment 422320 View attachment 422321

Thanks Robert. That's a great post. I already have PPF. How much vinyl do you put on to make it blend in without showing? Just enough to cover the magnet?

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Thanks Robert. That's a great post. I already have PPF. How much vinyl do you put on to make it blend in without showing? Just enough to cover the magnet?

No worries.

Yup, I cut rectangular body colored vinyl 1 cm over the edge of the magnet.
You will not notice it unless you are looking up close, or unless you knew the vinyl was put there.

What you are seeing is the outline of the PPF in the shape of HOV Decal. The camera did not even capture the rectangular Black Vinyl.

20190423_192330.jpg
20190423_192449.jpg
20190423_191026.jpg
20190423_191011.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1100MCM and Simon21