Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Rebate doesnt have my 2018 Tesla Vin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone having trouble submitting your CA rebate on the CA EV website? Its telling me that my VIN is invalid. I have a feeling that Tesla did not provide 2018 Vins to CA yet. Just curious if anyone else is running into the same issues.

Ran into the same issue earlier this week. Talked to somebody at CARB and went through the application with him. Even if it lets you choose the model year 2018, it goes back invalid. The explanation was that Tesla has not submitted the 2018 VINs yet. I was advised to check back in a couple of weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
Same thing happened last year at the beginning of 2017 with the Model S for example. It will get posted. Don't think any of the "new" year Teslas were on the approved site when I looked the other day.

BTW are you guys aware in Calif that you can only take either the $2500 credit for the Rebate Program OR apply for a single-driver car pool HOV lane sticker--not both--unless maybe you qualify for a really low income level If we're reading that correctly on income?? Saw a couple of threads on this today. You'll have to pick between the 2 "benefits" so decide before you file either one.

Last edited:
BTW are you guys aware in Calif that you can only take either the $2500 credit for the Rebate Program OR apply for a single-driver car pool HOV lane sticker--not both--unless maybe you qualify for a really low income level If we're reading that correctly on income?? Saw a couple of threads on this today. You'll have to pick between the 2 "benefits" so decide before you file either one.

I believe that starts with model year 2018

Ran into the same issue earlier this week. Talked to somebody at CARB and went through the application with him. Even if it lets you choose the model year 2018, it goes back invalid. The explanation was that Tesla has not submitted the 2018 VINs yet. I was advised to check back in a couple of weeks.

awesome thanks for the help.

I guess I will call to submit the application.

Same thing happened last year at the beginning of 2017 with the Model S for example. It will get posted. Don't think any of the "new" year Teslas were on the approved site when I looked the other day.

That's not really it. Above a certain income you aren't eligible for the CVRP rebate, that's all. The "really low" income level where you qualify for both is less the 300K per year for a married couple (150K per year single). Above that you can't get the CVRP rebate, so it's not really a choice.