Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Camera Unavailable, now unable to engage TACC/AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since upgrading to 10.69.3.1/2022.36.20 (FSD Beta), I have been getting a warning message I believe every time I go for a drive saying "Cabin Camera Unavailable". I got 10.69.3.1 on Nov 22, 2022, and have been still able to use FSDb/AP/TACC without any issue. This morning (Nov 29, 2022), however, I was unable to activate any of them; due to TACC being the one to activate first, I kept getting an error message saying cruise control not available. I did a soft reboot (hold down both wheels) as well as an entire hard/hv reboot and still was unable to activate FSDb/AP/TACC.

I'm not 100% sure this is related to the cabin camera, but I am suspect of it. Checking my notifications/alerts, there are no warnings or errors, besides cruise control not available. In previous pre-beta versions of the software, I believe 28.x and 36.x, I didn't get that cabin camera warning, but I did play around in the service menu one day and discovered I had a service alert: "w147" error "selfieCamInitFault", which I posted about here:

Concerned about this, I did schedule mobile service to come and address the w147 issue, and a tech came out and replaced my cabin camera on Nov 4, 2022. This did not fix the issue, as going into the service menu I still see the w147 error. Since I didn't have FSDb at the time, and AP was working, I said forget about it. Even when I got FSDb on Nov 22, since it had been working, I ignored the Cabin Camera Unavailable messages.

FYI 0 strikes on my FSD autopilot screen.

Anyone have similar experiences with their cabin camera?

Interestingly, I drove my m3 sr+ to work (50mins) the whole way without being able to engage FSDb/AP/TACC. then let it charge for 2 hours. Went down to move my car and in the parking lot was able to engage FSDb...

I have a 2020 Model Y w/o FSD and have had problems since 2022.44.2. There are a few similarities in our symptoms. Since you have FSD, it's hard to equate software versions between our vehicles. I just described my issues in this post: Camera and navigation issues with 2022.44.2?. The error messages I've gotten seem to place blame on malfunctioning exterior cameras, but the correlation with software updates makes software errors seem like a more likely explanation.