Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Filter replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How often should the cabin filters be replaced? I know it's pretty much acting like any other car, but I always like to stay on this type of stuff and wondering if there is set time somewhere? I have a cleaner and filters coming to replace mine. I am at 28K miles. I am also adding the plastic filter under the hood to block out large items from entering the air system.

Is recirc not auto?

I've been recirc a lot because California is on fire.

i thought the same thing, but was told in my other thread on this (how often to do the cleaning) that recirc won't kick on if you don't set the temp low enough. which, while interesting because i did not know that, seems to me to make "don't use recirc" not really a solution...i mean, if i'm hot i'm turning the AC down and not worrying about whether or not it might kick recirc on.

this is what I ordered and am using.

just a heads up, it is a GIGANTIC pain in the a** to do this yourself. not hard, just a huge PITA. the hardest part by far is trying to contort yourself to get the cover back on and screw that holds it in place back into the dash when you try to put it all back together. it's in a really tough to reach spot.

How often should the cabin filters be replaced? I know it's pretty much acting like any other car, but I always like to stay on this type of stuff and wondering if there is set time somewhere? I have a cleaner and filters coming to replace mine. I am at 28K miles. I am also adding the plastic filter under the hood to block out large items from entering the air system.
Is the some type of alarm or notification that let you know when some of these maintenance issues are required?