Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calculating the Model 3 Canadian prices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know how a Model 3 LR+AWD base without any option could MSRP more than 75K Ca$. It is clearly stated on the program guide today that options are not included in MSRP.

You said a couple of weeks ago that there was no limit to the price of a vehicle to qualify for the Ontario EV rebate, and I corrected you showing you that it was, in fact, limited to $150k. I also went further to predict that sum would likely be cut in half by the time the Model 3 comes to Canada. That happened today.

As to your comments about options not being included in the MSRP, while that is correct, trim level is clearly included:

The base level LR AWD will qualify but $75kUS is only $58kCan and it may be that there are trim levels that exceed that amount, such as the P trim level. So even though you don't know how a Model 3 LR+AWD could MSRP more than $75kCan, since options are not counted, I do know that the P trim level will not qualify since things like P will likely not be considered an option but a trim level.

Last edited:
You said a couple of weeks ago that there was no limit to the price of a vehicle to qualify for the Ontario EV rebate, and I corrected you showing you that it was, in fact, limited to $150k. I also went further to predict that sum would likely be cut in half by the time the Model 3 come to Canada. That happened today.

As to your comments about options not being included in the MSRP, while that is correct, trim level is clearly included:

The base level LR AWD will qualify but $75kUS is only $58kCan and it may be that there are trim levels that exceed that amount, such as the P trim level. So even though you don't know how a Model 3 LR+AWD could MSRP more than $75kCan, since options are not counted, I do know that the P trim level will not qualify since things like P will likely not be considered an option but a trim level.

Let's bet 14000CA$ on this...

You like to say things like "let's bet" when you lose an argument because it means nothing. But I guess that's about all you have left to say since of course P is a trim level and MSRP of a P trim level 3 will exceed $75kCan. So I am taking your meaningless bet even though I know you will never pay up when you lose.