Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Rebate - 2020 Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have applied to be pre-approved through the clean vehicle rebate program. It says that the application has to be received before Dec 3rd. I will submit the remaining paperwork once the deal is done. It will probably take them longer to process my application than to get my car since they have an estimated time frame of 28 days from the application.
According to the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project website the option to get pre-approved is only available for San Diego County residents.

Get preapproved for a rebate

I have applied to be pre-approved through the clean vehicle rebate program. It says that the application has to be received before Dec 3rd. I will submit the remaining paperwork once the deal is done. It will probably take them longer to process my application than to get my car since they have an estimated time frame of 28 days from the application.
Yeah, the San Diego folks are lucky to have the pre approval. Others in Cali, 12/3 is the cut off for the 2500 dollars.

Heres a question.

If we have a VIN, and we start an application, we then have 14 days to upload the documents.

Can we submit an application with a VIN before Dec. 03, then upload the documents whenever we get delivery?

Certainly I'll have had the car by then.

Anything wrong with my master plan?

Heres a question.

If we have a VIN, and we start an application, we then have 14 days to upload the documents.

Can we submit an application with a VIN before Dec. 03, then upload the documents whenever we get delivery?

Certainly I'll have had the car by then.

Anything wrong with my master plan?
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but the CVRP website states, “Applicants will need to submit applications within 3 months of the vehicle purchase or lease date (post purchase applications only).” I still have my fingers crossed for a 12/2 or earlier delivery.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but the CVRP website states, “Applicants will need to submit applications within 3 months of the vehicle purchase or lease date (post purchase applications only).” I still have my fingers crossed for a 12/2 or earlier delivery.
That's moving forward for new applications. It's a cap on application date "timeline" after purchase. This means that its not necessarily a must to have a purchase date before 12/02, perhaps just a generated application number, which you can do from a VIN. Once you have submitted an application, you then have 14 days to upload docs.

The question is if they determine the application date to be the initial application date, or the completed one with docs uploaded.

"Below is the list of vehicles that will no longer be eligible for the CVRP rebate beginning with any applications submitted on or after December 3, 2019" Important: Applications are subject to the Terms and Conditions in place at the time of application submission. Exceptions will not be granted.

I think if you

The SCE (southern California Edison) page doesn't have 2020 year model option to select for Teslas yet. For those of you in Southern California, are you all holding off to submit for the $1000 EV rebate from them?

Yep I just tried applying now for the credit but no luck entering 2020. Maybe have to wait until next year (actually 2020) to do it. I just hope it doesn't go away any time soon....

Reactions: goletaspring
Definitely...... 2+2=4! If I don't end up with a car this q4, I will probably buy something (ICE) in the interim and wait for the competition to hit the showrooms. The Porsche Taycan will be in showrooms in December and deliver next summer. It's about the same price as a model S - unless you get the "Turbo" version. Not sure what a Turbo EV is ......

And you wont have to check the paint for defects - that's for sure!

Um, you may want to do a quick google search for "porsche paint defects". You'll find loads of forums with new owners that are complaining about defects and the trouble they have with getting them resolved. At least Tesla seems to being doing a decent job of working through the defects. LMGTFY

The SCE (southern California Edison) page doesn't have 2020 year model option to select for Teslas yet. For those of you in Southern California, are you all holding off to submit for the $1000 EV rebate from them?
I got my car today and tried to apply and a permanent registration is required...so can't apply yet anyway... I was planning on calling them on Monday to ask when the 2020 option would be available.

Um, you may want to do a quick google search for "porsche paint defects". You'll find loads of forums with new owners that are complaining about defects and the trouble they have with getting them resolved. At least Tesla seems to being doing a decent job of working through the defects. LMGTFY
I picked mine up today...the only issue was one tiny scratch on the front bumper that they fixed while I was doing the paperwork...other than that there were no paint issues.

Reactions: waterbrain
I got my car today and tried to apply and a permanent registration is required...so can't apply yet anyway... I was planning on calling them on Monday to ask when the 2020 option would be available.

Just wanted to let you all know that 2020 is now an option on the SCE website for the $1000 rebate. Once you apply, it takes you to a page where you have to upload your permanent registration, but it looks like you can apply first and submit later.