Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mailed in my application for the now purple stickers this morning. The wait begins!

Maybe a Figment sticker could help give balance to the new purple CA HOV sticker.
figment.gif

Similar boat, my check was mailed about a week after yours. Called the special processing unit and was told I'd receive a follow up about 9 days ago (it never happened), when I called back and politely asked for someone to please help me get this resolved I was hung up on.
Did you get your sticker yet? It is now 3 weeks later. I tried calling, but every time I do I get the message they are experiencing higher than normal call volume and to call back later.

Wow, it looks like it went thru a shredder.

I contacted the DMV. They say they have no record of my payment, despite the cashed check (I wonder were the money went?). So, I need to submit a new form, with proof of payment, and a note explaining the mess.

Ugh that's awful. However if they have no record of payment, why would you need to include a note? Seems like it could be processed as a normal first time app? Sorry to hear about the potential theft of funds as well....CA government hard at work for ya. I called on Christmas Eve and the lady I spoke to actually hung up on me saying "I ain't got time for this sh--, it's Christmas Eve."

I contacted the DMV. They say they have no record of my payment, despite the cashed check (I wonder were the money went?). So, I need to submit a new form, with proof of payment, and a note explaining the mess.

Sounds typical for State of California. Co-worker sent in her check for a professional license renewal with signature confirmation. State of CA, Dept. of Health Services signed for the envelope and they cashed her check also. When she contacted the state about her missing license, they told her she would have to submit another check - essentially paying twice.

Good luck in getting this resolved. I may be in the same boat also, as they can't find my application.

Ugh that's awful. However if they have no record of payment, why would you need to include a note? Seems like it could be processed as a normal first time app? Sorry to hear about the potential theft of funds as well....CA government hard at work for ya. I called on Christmas Eve and the lady I spoke to actually hung up on me saying "I ain't got time for this sh--, it's Christmas Eve."
This is not my first application. I had a white sticker (no longer valid as of Jan. 1). They sent me a pre-filled form for the new red sticker. I made a note to explain why a check is not include, plus proof of my earlier payment, and that they cashed it.

They were difficult to reach on the phone, but the lady that answered was very polite and professional. But overall this department seems to have some serious problems.