Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Tesla Sedan Factory: Where?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S factory: what's the holdup?

Hi all, I realize that I'm probably getting a tad impatient and should learn to live with the 2+ year wait to own a Model S :smile: but, was just wondering why there has been no decision made yet on the location of the factory - Downey vs Long Beach ? - despite the Fed loan being a done deal and everything? Is the IPO filing a distraction?

The need to finalize a place. It's taking too long and everyone is talking about vaporware, or vaporcar in this case.

It shouldn't take this long. If they don't like either location there are lots of empty buildings all over the country, or world for that matter.

Time to fish or cut bait!

Even though AnOutsider is slightly sarcastic I do feel he did struck some truth. I can understand that Tesla really wants to start selling the Roadster now that they can deliver them pretty fast, but for me as a Model S person I really want more Model S info.

Cobos

If Tesla and IRG agree on a lease, Downey Studios would probably close, city officials said.

It would be sad to see the city backlot street go away.
ss_mb_top.jpg

37_big.jpg

backlot_bp.jpg

ss_mb_top.jpg

34_big.jpg

[youtube]SeYIgD2YjIE[/youtube]
[youtube]HQKvGoRomMM[/youtube]

Built for

Christmas with the Kranks

Genre: Comedy
Runtime: 100 mins

Cast: Tim Allen, Jamie Lee Curtis, Julie Gonzalo, Dan Aykroyd, Jake Busey, Felicity Huffman,

Directed by: Joe Roth
Written by Chris Columbus

Year Released: 2005

Premise
A couple scramble to put together a holiday celebration after their daughter decides to come home for Christmas after all. Based on a book by John Grisham.

"Christmas with the Kranks," a wholly Midwestern affair focused almost entirely on a single street in suburban Chicago, was filmed in a former Boeing aircraft factory in Downey, Calif., 15 miles east of Los Angeles.
This is, of course, quite unremarkable - save for the fact that the filmmakers preferred to shoot in a genuine heartland neighborhood but, after scouting locations from Illinois to Minnesota, simply couldn't find one genuine enough.

You just had to get aluminum siding, didn't you?

No matter. From set to stunts, "Christmas with the Kranks" is phony, disingenuous family entertainment, suffocated by its green bean casserole approach to Middle America, spineless cardboard characters and paper-thin plot "twists."

Directed by Joe Roth and based on a novel by legal eagle John Grisham, it's the tale of reluctant empty nesters Luther and Nora Krank (Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis), whose daughter Blair leaves home the day after Thanksgiving for a stint in the Peace Corps. (Never mind that Barbie-blond Blair looks more designer than do-gooder, Luther and Nora obviously raised that girl right.)

With the kid off doing peace-y things, Luther gets the bright idea to funnel funds normally committed to holiday hoopla into a couples Caribbean cruise (departure date: Dec. 25) and prods his wife, the personification of Christmas Past in her appliqu茅 sweater vests, to - Jesus, Mary and Joseph! - skip Christmas this year.

Yep, you read it right.

Bail on Christmas. Snub Santa. Kick Rudolph to the curb.

The Kranks' Hemlock Street neighbors are as appalled as you are, the most vocal among them cul-de-sac captain Vic Frohmeyer (Dan Aykroyd), who orchestrates a community-wide campaign to free Frosty, the Styrofoam snowman imprisoned in the Kranks' basement.

Committed to withstanding the pressures of the season, the Kranks have their funny moments: Curtis is quite the physical comedian as she dives for her grocer's last honey ham, and Allen does a great bit on the perils of Botox as he and Nora beautify for their upcoming vacation.

But while the film dangles in front of us the prospect of bona fide holiday cynicism and a non-responsive Secret Santa, it quickly reveals itself as just another scam in this sugar-shellacked season.

Christmas cranks, look elsewhere for your fix. Like out your genuine window.
http://www.downeydailyphotos.com/2010/03/beauty-is-only-skin-deep.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited: