Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, first timer here.

Ordered the following on 11/27 at Buena Park:
  • Model 3 LR AWD
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Exterior
  • Black Interior
  • Aero Wheels
  • No FSD
I got the text to schedule delivery on Sunday, 12/22 for this upcoming Friday, 12/27 and mentioned that my car would be leaving the factory on 12/26. I have yet to find a VIN or receive the MVPA. Should I be worried?

Reactions: SMAlset
Hey guys, Costa Mesa here. Glad to see deliveries still coming through! It's been about two days since my delivery and I've already forgotten about the long wait and horrendous delivery experience! Just some quality observations I wanted to share but things I could live with. Did you see similar things with yours?

Photos attached
1) top front glass unequal gap. I don't think I can fit the wind noise reduction trimView attachment 492573

2) kink in frunk hood like somebody stabbed a screwdriver from the bottom upView attachment 492574

3) sharp hanging metal edge on trunk
View attachment 492575
4) trunk interior panel popping out, just pop it back in
View attachment 492576
Otherwise, incredible vehicle!View attachment 492577

Definitely have service look at some of those issues, I'd make an appointment on the phone and submit photos. Having photos to show it was like that when you got it is the right thing to do. Be careful with that trunk edge in the meantime. Glad you are loving the car otherwise.

Hi, first timer here.

Ordered the following on 11/27 at Buena Park:
  • Model 3 LR AWD
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Exterior
  • Black Interior
  • Aero Wheels
  • No FSD
I got the text to schedule delivery on Sunday, 12/22 for this upcoming Friday, 12/27 and mentioned that my car would be leaving the factory on 12/26. I have yet to find a VIN or receive the MVPA. Should I be worried?

No you will see others were in the same situation and got theirs. Just keep checking your account documents.

Got my car today.

Delivery experience in Burbank was...borderline psychotic. Just too many folks, too many cars, not enough employees, a fair amount of chaos. Once I got some attention, things were cool. However, my car has two issues:

1) A panel gap/non-flush issue with the drivers rear door, so I got that noted on the virtual "due bill" they were putting together for me. They thought it would be easily correctable.

2) Lots of light scratches to the clear coat on the front of the car: hood, fascia, left fender, etc. Like an extraordinary amount of scattered stuff...more like abrasions and fine lines etched into the clear, probably from transport. Anyway, they did a due bill item for me on that which was for a very deep full detail/paint correction. I was glad to hear that, but I asked them more pointedly: what do you do for me if the detail DOESN'T correct this stuff? They said that "it will", but in the event it doesn't, we'll escalate from there and do painting/panel replacement. So that seems ok...was promised all this via one of the service managers. I hope I did the right thing in accepting the car. :( It felt sort of borderline. Otherwise, my 3 is fine in every other respect I could examine, right on down the checklist.

F U Tesla. Ordered 11/11 and still nothing. SA kept saying oh this will be the whole different and best car you will ever drive. And a huge possibility for a match in the inventory if they come out today and 26th. This is BS since my car hasn't been built yet. Totally BS.

So many doubters expressing frustration are now seeing emails and scheduling. Rather rude of you because I'd bet you'll be getting your car before YE just like all those other people who posted.

As for the best car you will ever drive, our friend just picked up his car in NY and has been sitting in his car at his house blown away by watching a netflix movie and floored by the sound. He loved driving it home, can't get over how great a car it is, and loved how he could geofence his garage to have the side mirrors fold in so he could park in tighter quarters. Hopefully you will put some faith into getting your car and enjoy driving it. There's a massive amount of cars being delivered in these last few days of the year and don't think many can appreciate that and what it takes.

Reactions: house9 and sslack18
I just checked my acct and found a delivery appt for this Sunday the 29th @ 7pm at Buena Park . I didn't receive a text to schedule a delivery. Tesla seems to be too busy to let people pick their date and just assign appointment times on their own. Order date 11/5.

So many doubters expressing frustration are now seeing emails and scheduling. Rather rude of you because I'd bet you'll be getting your car before YE just like all those other people who posted.
SMAlset, you just don’t get it do you?
Regardless how great you think Tesla manufacturing is, it’s the piss poor lack of communication and watching people who ordered month(s) afterwords get their cars before those that ordered in Oct/Nov.

This is the ONLY communication we get, and sure as hell its not coming from Tesla.

You may love when companies do this to customers (leaving them in silence while they see the others who only ordered weeks ago jump in front). I hope you understand the large majority does not agree with you that it’s ok for Tesla to run a business like this.

Regardless how great you think Tesla manufacturing is, it’s the piss poor lack of communication and watching people who ordered month(s) afterwords get their cars before those that ordered in Oct/Nov.

This is the ONLY communication we get, and sure as hell its not coming from Tesla.

You may love when companies do this to customers (leaving them in silence while they see the others who only ordered weeks ago jump in front). I hope you understand the large majority does not agree with you that it’s ok for Tesla to run a business like this.
@AZjohnInCA
AD0546EF-1511-488D-9B61-513319F42F09.gif

Just got a new text from Tesla saying now my car will be coming out of the factory later than they expected. Pushed my delivery from the 26th to the 27th. It was supposed to exit the factory today 24th. Clearly they are behind. Ordered 10/28 and this is some bullshit. I informed them I was leaving for holiday after the 26th. Beyond pissed.

I don't get it. hmmm. No one promises what order you will get your car in. Not first come first served for various reasons. Did anyone get that told them by Tesla? Tesla doesn't guarantee a deliver date either, just told people they will get it before YE. And I'm sorry but "F U" posted by the person isn't really approriate here regardless of how slighted people feel. No one is saying that Tesla's communication is perfect. I don't need to apologize for the company and don't like being referred to as a fanboi or apologist as some have tagged me in posts with. It's not important if people agree with me or not, but explaining the process that has been in place by Tesla and that people will get their cars is something that has beared out across end of quarters. When people understand the bigger picture some are more understanding and less freaked out that they aren't in constant communication with Tesla. No one at Tesla told people to search through secret code for VINs. That was spread by people here and created a frenzy. When the car you ordered is ready they will communicate with you. People have come to expect constant tracking of everything they order. Don't see the point in getting all worked up before delivery before the end of the year. There are people who have posted they never contacted Tesla after their order was placed, and recently got contacted for setting up a delivery and then got their car. Don't see the point in getting everyone here upset when as you can see the delivery dates are being set and people are getting their car before 12/31.

Do people waiting for an ICE car being transferred from one dealership to another across country express things the same way. I guess I've never known people to do that.

Last edited:
I don't get it. hmmm. No one promises what order you will get your car in. Not first come first served for various reasons. Did anyone get that told them by Tesla? Tesla doesn't guarantee a deliver date either, just told people they will get it before YE. And I'm sorry but "F U" posted by the person isn't really approriate here regardless of how slighted people feel. No one is saying that Tesla's communication is perfect. I don't need to apologize for the company and don't like being referred to as a fanboi or apologist as some have tagged me in posts with. It's not important if people agree with me or not, but explaining the process that has been in place by Tesla and that people will get their cars is something that has beared out across end of quarters. When people understand the bigger picture some are more understanding and less freaked out that they aren't in constant communication with Tesla. When the car you ordered is ready they will communicate with you. People have come to expect constant tracking of everything they order. Don't see the point in getting all worked up before delivery before the end of the year. There are people who have posted they never contacted Tesla after their order was placed, and recently got contacted for setting up a delivery and then got their car. Don't see the point in getting everyone here upset when as you can see the delivery dates are being set and people are getting their car before 12/31.

Do people waiting for an ICE car being transferred from one dealership to another across country express things the same way. I guess I've never known people to do that.

People have a right to complain about their delivery experience, especially considering the amount they are spending. This is a forum / thread for exactly that kind of thing. Why don't you just let them vent off some steam as they wait for their delivery confirmation without being judgmental.

I'd also suggest that these complaints are good feedback for Tesla - in fact I'd wager they would welcome it - on how to improve their overall customer buying experience.

Just got th
Just got a new text from Tesla saying now my car will be coming out of the factory later than they expected. Pushed my delivery from the 26th to the 27th. It was supposed to exit the factory today 24th. Clearly they are behind. Ordered 10/28 and this is some bullshit. I informed them I was leaving for holiday after the 26th. Beyond pissed.
just got that too. 26th to now 27th. Carlsbad.

@SMAlset

Those with the vitriolic hatred of Tesla can go to a GM dealership and pick up a Bolt.

You get red carpet service when you have five sales people setting around with tons of Bolts on the lot because they aren’t Tesla’s.

I’m sure they can take delivery in an hour. Depends how fast they get past finance and the upholstery cream up sells.

People need perspective. I too am waiting for a year end vehicle.

Concerned, yes. Telling a swamped organization to F off - no.

I don't get it. hmmm. No one promises what order you will get your car in. Not first come first served for various reasons. Did anyone get that told them by Tesla? Tesla doesn't guarantee a deliver date either, just told people they will get it before YE. And I'm sorry but "F U" posted by the person isn't really approriate here regardless of how slighted people feel. No one is saying that Tesla's communication is perfect. I don't need to apologize for the company and don't like being referred to as a fanboi or apologist as some have tagged me in posts with. It's not important if people agree with me or not, but explaining the process that has been in place by Tesla and that people will get their cars is something that has beared out across end of quarters. When people understand the bigger picture some are more understanding and less freaked out that they aren't in constant communication with Tesla. No one at Tesla told people to search through secret code for VINs. That was spread by people here and created a frenzy. When the car you ordered is ready they will communicate with you. People have come to expect constant tracking of everything they order. Don't see the point in getting all worked up before delivery before the end of the year. There are people who have posted they never contacted Tesla after their order was placed, and recently got contacted for setting up a delivery and then got their car. Don't see the point in getting everyone here upset when as you can see the delivery dates are being set and people are getting their car before 12/31.

I did order my ICE 9 years ago from oversea and didn't have chaos like Tesla this time. Tesla's process of handling their order is just beyond my imagination. If they can tell me I will not get the car by EOY then I am fine. Why are they still saying this car is the best you will have and you will probably ("for sure" as my SA said) get it for sure by EOY? But in reality it has large possibility that it won't make it. Don't handle order like that by promising things that you cannot keep up, at least this is not what I expect.

Do you have a VIN yet?

Hey guys. I just changed my configuration from White to Black interior today after I realized my SA never made the change a month ago. Now the date for purchase on the MVPA is showing up as 12/24.

Also the delivery estimate of 2-4 weeks has completely disappeared from my account page. Is this the case for you guys too?